Posted on February 22, 2013
Director of Individual Giving and Special Events
Madison Square Boys and Girls Club
Madison Square Boys and Girls Club - Director of Individual Giving and Special Events
A founding member of Boys & Girls Club of America, Madison Square Boys & Girls Club annually serves over 5,000 youth at four clubhouses and three school sites in the Bronx and Brooklyn. We provide after-school and summer program that address the needs of the "whole child," empowering at-risk youth to see past their own circumstances and find the tools necessary to pursue the vast opportunities that lie ahead.
The Director of Individual Giving and Special Events will build, formalize and manage Madison's individual giving function. The Director of Individual Giving and Special Events will be responsible for working with the Director of Development to develop a comprehensive individual giving and special events strategy, with a focus on activities related to Madison's development strategy. The ideal candidate will have solid experience developing and managing successful individual giving programs, with a focus on events and a proven track record. The Director of Individual Giving and Special Events reports directly to the Director of Development and should have strong leadership skills along with a mentality of teamwork.
- Manage the development and execution of major donor solicitation and stewardship strategies for the Executive Director, Director of Development and members of the Board of Directors
- Manage a portfolio of major donors, soliciting and stewarding major gifts
- Work with the Director of Development to create and execute a plan to diversify and increase execution of major donor identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities with particular attention to leveraging events as cultivation and stewardship opportunities
- Redesign and manage the implementation of a new individual giving program
- Create a strategic plan for donor communications
- Collaborate with the Manager of Individual Giving and Special Events to prepare an annual development special events strategy, outlining cultivation events throughout the year and two signature gala events
- Ensure the events are developed and executed with creative excellence, while carefully managing costs
- Work with the Director of Development and the Board of Directors to identify prospects and strategies to secure sponsors, committees and in-kind support to fundraise for events
- Bachelor's degree
- 4-6 years experience working in Development and Events with a proven track record of securing major gifts
- Strong organizational and project management skills; adept at working under tight deadlines and management multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience providing staff supervision and leadership; strong team building, conflict negotiation and collaborative skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills; exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with club staff, board members, volunteers, community groups and third party representatives
- Knowledge of Raisers Edge and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to have flexibility with work schedules to attend evening events
To apply please submit a cover letter, resume and three references.