Posted on December 27, 2012
Development Manager, Corporate Sponsorships
Samasource - Development Manager, Corporate Sponsorships
Samasource is an award-winning social enterprise with a huge vision - to connect the one billion people living in poverty around the world to work using technology. Samasource combines the fast-paced, results-driven culture of a tech start-up with the passion for alleviating global poverty of a non-profit. We like to move quickly and get things done - if you join us, you will be part of a dynamic team that is passionate about making an impact.
Samasource was founded in 2008 and is supported by major corporate and philanthropic funders including MasterCard, Google, eBay, Cisco, Rockefeller, Ford and the State Department. Headquartered in San Francisco’s Mission District, Samasource has 30+ employees and gives work to thousands of people worldwide.
We are looking for a Development Manager of Corporate Sponsorships who will spearhead the identification, cultivation and stewarding of Samasource’s corporate prospects and donors throughout the United States. Working from our San Francisco office, and reporting to the Vice President of Development, you will be an integral part of our development team, responsible for all aspects of strengthening Samasource’s brand and building revenue through outreach and donor events.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit corporations and individuals with philanthropic goals aligned with Samasource’s mission for co-branding, sponsorship and gift opportunities
- Leverage existing network of donors and corporate leads to enhance revenue generating opportunities for our our Give Work Gala (www.samasource.org/gala) and other donor events
- Support the Director of Development in managing a portfolio of 100+ major donors capable of making gift at the $50,000 to $100,000+ level
- Collaborate with the Vice President of Development and CEO to identify new philanthropists and corporate donors, manage pitch decks to present to prospective donors and potential sponsors
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- BA/BS from a top-tier university
3 years managing donors or clients for early stage non-profits, or account management or sales experience at a top-tier organization
- Demonstrated track record of relationship management
- Superlative interpersonal and superior communication skills
- Expert with PowerPoint; familiarity with Keynote and Pages for Mac a plus
- Advanced experience using Salesforce or other donor CRM tools
- Strong analytical skills
- At home in a fast-paced environment with a high level of ambiguity
- A desire to change the world
- Outgoing personality and great sense of humor
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Please submit your resume, and cover letter through our