Posted on December 19, 2012
Chief Executive Officer
Engineering World Health
Engineering World Health - Chief Executive Officer
Engineering World Health (EWH), a 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to improve the quality of health care in hospitals that serve resource-poor communities of the developing world, is looking for a new CEO. This position is located in Washington, DC. Since its founding in 2001, EWH has used education as the primary mechanism to achieve its mission – education of future leaders in science and technology as well as education of in-country personnel who provide key technical services in hospitals.
The CEO reports to a Board of Trustees and oversees a staff of 18 full-time and three part-time employees and contractors in the U.S. and abroad. The organization’s budget is approximately $2 million a year.
The new CEO will be expected to:
- Substantially increase the resources of the organization
- Manage the resources of the organization efficiently and effectively.
- Strengthen and initiate partnerships and strategic alliances.
- Work to strengthen the board.
- Serve as a staff leader.
Qualifications and Experience
While no one candidate will embody every quality, the successful candidate will bring many of the following professional qualifications and personal attributes.
- An informed and deep commitment to the vision and mission of the organization.
- A sophisticated understanding of the programs of the organization or the ability and willingness to master them quickly.
- An aptitude and appetite for fundraising. Demonstrated experience raising significant funds from a variety of sources and a willingness to be intimately involved in development.
- Public presence and media savvy. Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- A track record of a minimum of five years in senior leadership in a nonprofit, governmental or nonprofit organization.
- A track record of operating successfully in a multicultural environment.
- An ability to translate a large strategic vision with big ideas and ideals into a strategy and action steps.
- Willingness to travel at least 35% of the time.
- U.S. citizenship or eligibility to work in the U.S
All inquiries, nominations, and applications may be directed in confidence to: email@example.com. Additional information can be found at www.ewh.org. Engineering World Health is actively