Posted on December 18, 2012
Girls Go Techbridge Program Coordinator
Techbridge Girls - Girls Go Techbridge Program Coordinator
Techbridge (www.techbridgegirls.org) is a nonprofit organization that provides innovative programs to empower girls to realize their dreams through science, technology and engineering. Building on 12 years of experience, Techbridge operates 16 after-school programs and has served over 3,500 girls to date in its local programs; offers curriculum and trainings to Girl Scout councils around the country through the Girls Go Techbridge partnership; and provides trainings and resources for families, role models, school districts and partners.
The Girls Go Techbridge Program Coordinator is responsible for supporting the implementation of the scale up of the Girls Go Techbridge project, a partnership between Techbridge and Girl Scout councils to encourage girls across the country in science and engineering. Currently, grant funding is supporting the project at 17 Girl Scout councils until December 2013. There is a possibility of extending the position longer-term if additional funding is secured.
Techbridge is seeking a Program Coordinator that has the ability to lead and deliver trainings, organize project logistics, cultivate strong relationships with Girl Scout councils, and deliver high quality program results. The Program Coordinator reports to the Director of Professional Development.
- Work with the Girls Go Techbridge Program Manager to ensure quality delivery of program and meeting of overall goals and timeline
- Conduct research and solicit feedback from Girl Scout councils to build their input and lessons learned into curriculum development, training and program delivery
- Contribute to refinement and revision of existing programs-in-a-box; may develop new curriculum if funded
- Implement an effective train-the-trainer model for Girl Scout staff, leaders and partners
- Contribute to production of training videos, web-based resources for training and training manuals
- Develop and co-lead Summer Institute trainings for participating Girl Scout councils
- Provide on-site and off-site training and support for program delivery
- Cultivate relationships with Girl Scout partner councils to foster open communication and support
- Work with councils to assist in developing and expanding role model partnerships
- Develop ways to engage families to support their daughter’s interest in STEM
- Help develop links between Girls Go Techbridge curriculum and the GSUSA Journeys and badges
- Work with councils to support the project’s sustainability after December 2013
- Work with external evaluator on collecting and interpreting data from evaluation tools
- Maintain web portal for Girls Go Techbridge
- Support webinars and conference calls for councils to share best practices and lessons learned
- Contribute to report for Girls Go Techbridge for funders
- Assist with grant writing to enhance and/or sustain Girls Go Techbridge
- Manage expansion of project to additional Girl Scout councils if additional grants are secured
- Develop and conduct trainings at conferences and events; assist with dissemination in professional publications
- Assist with general project and office support as needed
Strong presentation, training & facilitation skills. Experience designing and delivering trainings using interactive approach
Strong technical skills and the ability to quickly learn new programs; science and/or engineering background preferred.
At least 3-5 years of experience in education and/or working with youth, preferably in a role using engineering or science skills.
Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
Experience with creating website content and using online/social media for training and marketing purposes
Experience with Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Final Cut Pro desired
Knowledge of and interest in equity issues affecting girls and women; experience working with Girl Scouts a plus
Must be resourceful, self-motivated, creative, and flexible
Excellent organizational and time management skills
Embraces a culture of giving and receiving feedback; possesses high degree of self-awareness and accountability
Must be able to travel (up to 20%)
Must possess a valid California Driver’s License with clean driving record; proof of insurance and reliable transportation
Bachelor’s Degree required
This is a full-time position; vacation, health, 403(b) retirement plan and other benefits included.
Start Date: This position will remain open until filled, and is available immediately.
Please compose a cover letter that describes your commitment to the mission of Techbridge and how your experience fits the qualifications of the position. Please email cover letter and resume with the subject “GGT Program Coordinator” to email@example.com.
Job requires a background check.
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of race, sex, age, marital status, color, national origin, religion, disability, veteran's status, or sexual orientation.