Posted on December 14, 2012
Girls Leadership Institute
Girls Leadership Institute - Development Director
Girls Leadership Institute (GLI) is seeking an experienced development professional excited to create a new development arm of a young non-profit at a critical moment of growth and expansion.
The Development Director will work with the Director of Operations, the Executive Director, the Director of Programs and the Board of Directors to oversee the solicitation and management of personal donations, and the first time acquisition of grants and corporate sponsorships. Girls Leadership Institute is looking to raise at least 2.5 million over the next 5 years.
The Development Director will work closely with the GLI Executive Director to:
- Design and implement a five-year, strategic, capacity-building campaign
- Develop and oversee an annual development calendar
- Implement best practices in development across the organization
- Indentify, solicit and track individual donations, corporate sponsorships, and grants
- Build and sustain strategic relationships with donors
- Work with the Director of Programs to ensure that outcome measurement supports development
- Support the fundraising efforts of the Board of Directors
- Support volunteer fundraising efforts in each of the GLI regions
- And track, measure and report on development efforts
The ideal candidate:
Position is full-time. Must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
- Has at least three years of development experience, including a proven track record with major donor programs, grant writing, corporate solicitation and fundraising oversight;
- Is self-motivated, resourceful, a strategic thinker and someone comfortable working independently in a grassroots mode;
- Knows how to work successfully as part of a dispersed virtual team;
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Is experienced with donor databases such as SalesForce;
- Feels passionate about girls' empowerment and leadership.
Applications will be reviewed and processed in the order received. Although the application deadline is January 31, 2013, hiring decisions may be made prior to this date. To apply, please send a resume, cover letter and a list of three references in Word or pdf format to email@example.com. The subject line of the email should include your full name and “Development Director.”