Posted on December 14, 2012
California Coalition for Youth
California Coalition for Youth - Executive Director
The California Coalition for Youth is a 35-year-old organization with a budget of approximately $500,000 based in Sacramento, California whose mission is to improve and empower the lives of California’s disconnected youth. As a statewide membership, advocacy and direct service organization, we work with and for youth to ensure that they have access to the resources, services and programs they need to have successful lives. We are looking for an experienced Executive Director to lead the organization. For more information about the Coalition, please visit www.calyouth.org.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Executive Director, in coordination with the Board of Directors, is responsible for strategically managing the Coalition. This includes the following:
- Organizational Leadership
- Public Policy & Advocacy
- Fiscal Oversight and Fund Development
- Administration of California Youth Crisis Line
- Membership Development and Services
- Board Development
- Master’s degree in social work, nonprofit management, development or related field preferred. Bachelor’s degree with previous executive/organizational leadership experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 3 years in management.
- Minimum of 3 years nonprofit experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of nonprofit fund development experience.
- Knowledge of issues affecting youth, including runaway and homelessness, juvenile justice, mental health, sexual orientation, relationship violence, family dynamics, etc.
Salary and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience, benefit package provided.
CCY is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please review the job description here, then submit cover letter with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 31, 2012. No calls please.