Posted on December 13, 2012
Development Officer, College of the Sciences
Central Washington University
Central Washington University - Development Officer, College of the Sciences
The Development Officer for the College of the Sciences position provides leadership and support for the development and fundraising activities within the College of the Sciences at Central Washington University. The position designs and implements strategies to identify, cultivate, solicit, close and steward gifts from alumni, parents, friends and other university constituent groups.
- Bachelorís degree AND 3 years of direct fund-raising experience including major gifts in a non-profit organization OR an equivalent combination of a bachelorís degree and experience to successfully perform the essential duties of this position;
- Strong planning and organizational skills, including ability to manage multiple relationships to the point of and through solicitation;
- Understanding of external client/stakeholder base and an appreciation for stakeholder expectations, desires, and needs;
- Demonstrated ability to adapt identification, cultivation, solicitation, recognition and stewardship programs for appropriate groups and key individuals;
- Demonstrated appreciation and understanding for the fundraising cycle: identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, recognition and stewardship;
- Active involvement in development processes including donor/prospect tracking and moves management as documented on the Raiserís Edge software system (or comparable software system);
- Knowledge of volunteer and recruitment techniques.
- Masterís degree; Experience in Higher Education;
- Experience working within College of the Sciences;
- Knowledge of organizational mission and direction as a context for all outreach to external constituencies;
- Knowledge of structure, policies and procedures.
To Apply: Apply Online.