Posted on December 13, 2012
Director of Health System Payment Strategies
Center for Improving Value in Health Care
Center for Improving Value in Health Care - Director of Health System Payment Strategies
Reports To: Vice President, Strategic
Job Classification: Exempt, Full-time
The Center for Improving Value in Health Care is a nonprofit organization
committed to identifying and advancing initiatives across Colorado that enhance
consumers’ health care experiences, contain costs and improve the health
of Coloradans by creating an efficient, high quality and transparent health care
system. The Director of Strategic Partnerships will work in a team with other
senior managers and leadership of CIVHC to develop and implement CIVHC’s
core strategies and related projects with particular attention to advancing new
payment and delivery models in Colorado.
- Plan and manage CIVHC’s payment reform activities,
- With the Vice President of Strategic Initiatives, craft and implement
initiatives to advance CIVHC’s “Framework for Transforming the
Health Care Payment System in Colorado,” including pilot projects,
technical assistance, etc.
- Develop and oversee coordinated payment reform and delivery redesign
projects with the Vice President of Strategic Initiatives and Director of Policy
- Manage systematic and program-specific engagement with stakeholder
groups, e.g., employer purchasers, health plans, consumers, providers,
- Staff CIVHC’s Payment Reform Advisory Group and Steering
- Identify, respond to and manage national and state funding
opportunities related to payment reform.
- Identify and capitalize on opportunities to expand CIVHC’s
portfolio of initiatives that fit with the organization’s strategic plan
and facilitate its goal of achieving Triple Aim in Colorado.
- Lead outreach and collaboration strategies that will support expansion
of Triple Aim-related initiatives at a community level including technical
assistance, efforts to obtain funding, etc.
- Minimum ten years’ experience in contracting or administration
for a health plan, hospital or physician group.
- Experience developing and implementing strategic plans.
- Master’s degree in health policy, public health, business or
related field, or equivalent experience in the health care industry or policy
- Familiarity with Colorado health care and health policy environment,
including commercial and public payers, delivery systems, legal and regulatory
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.Comfortable working in a results-oriented environment in which
research and analysis need to align with time-sensitive change efforts.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with internal
team members, statewide leaders and diverse stakeholders.
- Expert organizational skills and ability to multitask on a wide
variety of tasks and projects.
- Ability to work independently and as part of multiple teams in a
congenial, dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- A high level of self-motivation, self-direction, and intellectual
- Ability to work at a computer for extended periods
- Ability to travel to and from meetings and appointments
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER:
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of
work being performed: it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position.
To Apply: This is an extraordinary opportunity to use your professional experience and
skills to make a difference. We invite you to visit our web site at www.civhc.org.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample
or presentation document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include "Director of Health System Payment Strategies" in the
email subject line.