Posted on December 12, 2012
Zimele USA - Development Director
Zimele's mission is to confront the root causes of poverty and remove the barriers to self-sufficiency by working with one woman and one community at a time until we reach all of South Africa, through the empowerment of these women with the skills, resources, and support networks to start businesses and social service projects to sustain not only themselves, but their families and communities. www.zimelecommunity.org
Responsibilities include: recruit, solicit, cultivate and grow donor base, sponsors and event participants, build and manage volunteer core, provide strategic direction and oversee all aspects of fundraising plans including assigned events. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of successful fundraising/sales experience. Special event fundraising experience is highly preferred.
The position requires strong organizational and networking skills, the ability to work on various projects and events simultaneously and a strong eye for detail. Candidates will be required to develop and manage budgets while managing a staff/volunteer base.
- Accountable for growth and budget achievement of assigned events and campaigns
- Recommend and implement new ideas and plans to meet and exceed fundraising goals and to enhance fundraising events
- Identify and solicit new donors and prospects – both individuals, foundations and corporations to support organization and mission
- Activate fundraising for both returning and new donors and prospects
- Identify, recruit, cultivate, committee members and volunteers
- Maintain efficient record-keeping systems, including databases
- Close attention to detail
- Carry out responsibilities in compliance with all financial and
accounting audit procedures
- Minimum of 3 years fundraising and event experience.
- Emphasis is on fundraising and volunteer management.
- Strong project management skills working in team environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills absolutely required (verbal and written)
- Proven track record of soliciting and retaining donors and volunteers, recruiting
new donors and volunteers, cultivating donors and volunteers – individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and stay organized to ensure timely and accurate work
- Supervises other development staff as assigned
- Travel and speak/present at various meetings and events as necessary
- Work nights and weekends as necessary to attend meetings and
- Must have access to reliable transportation and ability to travel
to meetings or events at different locations
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter including salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.