Posted on February 1, 2013
Samasource - Development Director
Samasource is an award-winning social enterprise with a huge vision - to pioneer a model for internet-based work that can move millions of people out of poverty. Samasource combines the fast-paced, results-driven culture of a tech start-up with the impact and social mission of a non-profit. We like to move quickly and get things done - if you join us, you will be part of a dynamic team that is passionate about making an impact.
Samasource was founded in 2008 and is supported by major corporate and philanthropic funders including MasterCard, Google, eBay, Cisco, Rockefeller, Ford and the State Department. Headquartered in San Francisco’s Mission District, Samasource has 30+ employees and gives work to thousands of people worldwide.
We are looking for a results-oriented Development Director who will develop and manage Samasource’s relationships with current and potential individual donors and corporate sponsors, centering on our annual fundraising gala in November 2013. Ideal candidates should have experience raising unrestricted gifts from individuals and corporations, cultivating high-net worth donors, and managing event producers. Candidates should have a minimum of four years working in development, and at least two years owning a revenue target of greater than $500,000.
- Create and execute a plan for our annual fundraising gala, working in concert with the event production team, with a revenue goal of $1.1M in 2013
- Hire additional event or fundraising resources, as needed
- Recruit and manage the gala host committee and steering committee
- Develop and manage board relationships; lead the Samasource Development Committee of the board
- Directly support the CEO in managing external relationships with major donors and corporate partners
- Develop Samasource’s brand among philanthropists and corporations in the Bay Area
- Manage our existing CRM for tracking donor commitments and communications
- Generate leads for new donors and corporate partners
- Create a donor pitch deck and key assets supporting the gala raise
- Manage event communications and follow-up
- Co-lead Samasource’s development team with the Sr. Director of Institutional Giving
- Exceptional leadership, writing, and communications skills
- Four to five years of development experience, with at least two years owning a revenue target of $500,000 or more
- At least two years of development experience in the Bay Area, with an established network of donors and corporate sponsors
- Experience planning and executing fundraising events with production resources
- At home in fast-paced environment with a high degree of ambiguity
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and able to work from our San Francisco headquarters
Please submit your resume, cover letter, applicable writing sample, and three professional references with the job title specified through our website.