Posted on December 11, 2012
Category Marketing Manager, Humane and Sustainable
World Society for the Protection of Animals
World Society for the Protection of Animals - Category Marketing Manager, Humane and Sustainable
WSPA - the World Society for the Protection of Animals - is launching a multi-decade campaign to fundamentally transform world farming to end the suffering of farm animals. Our Humane and Sustainable Agriculture campaign will initially focus on the egg industry in the U.S. and Canada, encouraging a transition from factory farming to production methods that not only respect animal welfare, but are also environmentally sound and economically viable.
WSPA seeks a dynamic and energetic Category Marketing Manager to research, gather, and synthesize information regarding both the supply and demand of cage free eggs. Primary elements of this effort will include:
- Messaging the impact of the increasing popularity of cage free eggs to companies at various stages of the supply chain, including producers, restaurant groups, and grocery retailers.
- Utilizing an understanding of consumer behavior, as well as marketing and communications skills, in order to develop and coordinate a WSPA-generated consumer campaign to demonstrate and grow demand for cage-free eggs.
- Market an annual public recognition event to the food industry, recognizing businesses that commit to purchasing cage free eggs.
The Category Marketing Manager will work closely with the U.S. and Canadian Humane and Sustainable Agriculture Campaign Managers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or a related discipline.
- 5 - 7 years of relevant professional experience in food business marketing, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) or corporate branding, preferably in the retail sector of the food service industry.
- Strong marketing analytical skills.
- Experience marketing specialty products, preferably in the retail sector of the food service industry.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with food companies
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics
- Excellent communication skills; written, oral and presentation.
- Professional relationships within the U.S. and Canadian food industry.
- Experience organizing public recognition/awards events.
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills with the ability to interact effectively with people of diverse cultural and professional backgrounds
- Demonstrated project management experience that involves multiple tasks and stakeholders, managing budgets, adhering to a timeline and driving toward results
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and web-based research skills.
This is a full time, New York City-based position. Salary is commensurate with candidate’s experience and this position includes generous benefits offered to full-time WSPA employees. Candidates wishing to be considered please send a cover letter including salary requirements and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For consideration WSPA-HR12 must be in the subject line. Position will remain open until filled. WSPA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.