Posted on December 11, 2012
Institute for Population Health
Institute for Population Health - Social Worker
The Community and Consumer Engagement department is seeking a talented Social Worker Specialist to work with Maternal Infant Health Promotion, Medicaid Outreach and Care Coordination.
Under the general supervision of a Team Leader, the Social Worker contacts individuals and families, provides interviews and assessments to identify social needs, barriers to accessing health care. Conducts social histories, works with clients to identify problems, uses group therapy and practice to improve social functioning, individual growth and environmental changes due to internal and external stresses. Fosters relationships between health care and social systems to promote actions toward socially desirable goals for individual and families. Works with community organizations and groups to reduce social determinants of health. Oversee work of advocates. Prevent abuse and neglect. Provide linkages to community resources. Perform Medicaid Outreach and enrollment.
- Master of Social Work degree
- Bachelors of Social Work degree with extensive clinical experience
- Three to five years of experience in social work in a recognized social agency
- Knowledge of principles and methods of social work
- Knowledge of legal requirements governing social work
- Knowledge of work of public and private social agencies and other support services
- Skill in tactful and effective communication and interpersonal skills with consumers and other human services agencies
- Skill in case work and social history development
- Completion of emergency preparedness training (to include, but not limited to FEMA IS Courses 100, 200, 700 and 800) within 90 days of hire is required for this position
- Participation in emergency preparedness exercised is required for this position
- Response during a public health emergency event is required for this position, including duties not normally performed
- Ability to manage multiple cases and priorities under time constraint pressures
- Ability to plan and execute treatment and client cooperation
- Ability to make social case diagnoses
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with community organizations and human services agencies
- Must maintain annual State of Michigan Social Work Registration
- Valid State of Michigan Driver’s License and proof of insurance
To apply for this position go to email@example.com.