Posted on May 29, 2013
Corporate Relations Manager
Los Angeles Universal Preschool
Los Angeles Universal Preschool - Corporate Relations Manager
Under the general direction of the Director of Advancement, this position will seek sustainable revenue from corporations, companies and foundations through various methods. This position provides leadership and executes an effective solicitation and corporate relations program. The Corporate Relations Manager also ensures timely and accurate maintenance of all corporate gifts, solicitation and donor information, and ensures tracking and fulfillment of pledges, donor recognition activities, receipting and timely acknowledgement. This position will also provide business intelligence reports to analyze the effectiveness of the Advancement department’s efforts.
Consistently promotes and models courteous LAUP/community service in a prompt and efficient manner. Maintains positive relationships with all LAUP internal and external contacts through professional honest interaction. Responds to requests quickly and professionally recognizing that a request serves an organization and/or community need.
- Research corporations most capable to meet needs and most favorable toward LAUP goals.
- Develop proposals, sponsorship opportunities and partnerships for corporations (Including research, writing, and follow-up).
- Build corporate strategy for enhancing corporate partnerships that result in direct support of the organization through program underwriting, budget relief, and unrestricted gifts.
- Evaluate and cultivate current corporate donor pool.
- Build and increase corporate donor pool with specific activities, events, messaging, networking, etc.
- Work with Director of Advancement to develop and implement a new LAUP Corporate Council strategy with specific plan outlines and outcomes.
- Recruit new members to LAUP Corporate Council.
- Solicit and attain corporate sponsors for LAUP fundraising events.
- Prepare progress reports and all other communication with assigned donors (thank you letters, receipts, etc.).
- Efficiently utilize gift management software (Razor’s Edge).
- Calculate funding projections from corporate giving programs.
- Recruit and manages development and/or grant writing interns.
- Monitor trends and opportunities for corporate/business development.
- Work with Director of Advancement to research LAUP Board and key staff members of companies and corporations for networking matches.
- Create strategic partnerships between LAUP and LA business community leaders.
- Work with program directors to determine funding need details and budgets.
- Work with program directors to prepare fund allocation reports to granting corporations.
- Coordinate site visits between donors and LAUP leadership staff.
Work is primarily sedentary in nature, no special demands are required. May be expected to lift boxes up to 20 lbs.
Other duties as assigned.
Adheres to LAUP general safety practices and any unique safety practices for the department and/or building.
Critical Success Factors:
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector, local and regional corporations and companies, and other grant-making bodies
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to think strategically, plan, set goals and objectives and to organize and follow through.
- Knowledge of foundation research databases and CRM databases.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Strong communications, organizational, and interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Ability to problem-solve and work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Solid computer skills and proficiency in word processing, data base management, spreadsheets, and Internet research tools.
- The ability to maintain the database of prospects and current funders.
Standards/Measurements of Performance:
- Develop and maintain Scope of Work and budget; ensure that deliverables are met;
- Increased funding sources for LAUP outside of First 5 LA (including corporate sponsorships, grants and contributions from individuals );
- Increased leveraging of other organization’s funds, including First 5 LA grantees; state, county, and local agencies.
- Successful revenue generated from acquisition, cultivation, and retention of corporate contributions.
Preferred Experience: A minimum of 3-5 years in related employment.
Formal Education: A Bachelor’s degree is required. A Master’s in a field related to development is preferred. Extensive successful work-experience in the field may substitute formal education requirements.
Language proficiency required/preferred: Excellent English language skills required
Please apply via our website at http://www.laup.net