Posted on December 9, 2012
Social Work Case Manager
SAGE - Social Work Case Manager
SAGE (Services and Advocacy for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgender Elders) is the oldest and largest organization in the country working on behalf of LGBT older people. Headquartered in New York City, SAGE provides social services, offers training and technical assistance, and serves as a national advocacy voice on LGBT aging issues.
SAGE is seeking a full-time Social Work Case Manager with initiative and energy to join the Social Services department.
The Social Work Case Manager will be an integral member of SAGE’s Social Services department. Responsibilities will include:
- Building and managing a caseload of no less than fifty (50) clients
- Provision of individual case management services
- Running between 3-4 groups per week
- Entitlement screenings, benefits counseling and referrals
- In-home client assessments/accessing benefits and in-home services for frail, at-risk LGBT clients in all five boroughs
- Develop self-care assessments and plans
- Conduct trainings/workshops for caregivers and professionals
- Participate in community meetings and educational conferences
- Assist in program evaluation and outcome reporting
- Other duties, as assigned
In addition, the candidate should possess the ability to work within an interdisciplinary model. Bilingual (Spanish/English) candidates preferred.
Compensation: Salary DOE. Good employer-paid benefits package, generous vacation.
- The ideal candidate will be an experienced, energetic, and motivated B.A. level social worker (B.S.W. preferred) with strong case management skills. The candidate should have at least two years of experience working in the field of aging, as well as the following:
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written, with an ability to document findings in a precise manner
- Ability to prioritize tasks and the capacity to utilize supervision
- Experience, knowledge of, or interest in, the LGBT and aging communities
Application: Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications by June 22nd, but applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Send cover letter and resume by e-mail only to:
Director of Social Services
No phone calls. SAGE’s website can be found at www.sageusa.org.
SAGE is an equal opportunity employer. SAGE strives to reach out to qualified women, older people, people of color, and people with disabilities.