Posted on December 8, 2012
Citywide Outreach Coordinator
SAGE - Citywide Outreach Coordinator
The primary function of the Citywide Outreach Coordinator is to create linkages with aging service providers throughout New York City in support of collaborative relationships between The SAGE Center and area providers. The Citywide Outreach Coordinator will also provide wellness, socialization and educational programming to LGBT older adults through The SAGE Center at all satellite sites in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island. The Citywide Outreach Coordinator must have some experience working with aging and /or LGBT communities. She/he must be able to interact with, relate to and work with LGBT older adults, community partners and other departments at SAGE.
- Develop liaisons with senior centers, case management agencies, and other human services organizations; make presentations/provide information to recruit participants for The SAGE Center
- Distribute appropriate promotional/handout material to recruit potential clients
- Develop and implement outreach plan under the supervision of the Program Manager and in collaboration with SAGE Center staff and community partners
- Coordinate SAGE Center representation at community events, pertinent conferences and other gatherings
- Facilitate SAGE Center educational, wellness and socialization activities as assigned
- Refer eligible participants to other SAGE services as appropriate
- Collect all participant and service unit data as outlined by organizational policies
- Enter all participant and service unit data in database as outlined by organizational policies
- Complete all administrative paperwork required by contract and assist in reporting process as required
- Supervise and coordinate volunteers in the provision of SAGE Center activities and programs
- May be assigned other tasks and duties reasonably related to their job responsibilities.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience: Two(2) year’s experience preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
Related Skills or knowledge:
- Computer-literate, with knowledge of latest word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task in high-energy atmosphere
- Ability to work individually and as a member of a team
- Ability to lift and move at least 20 pounds
- This position requires scheduling flexibility and dependability since weekly hours will vary. This includes evenings, weekend and holiday hours on a regular basis.
- Travel – This position requires extensive travel via public transportation between all five boroughs of New York City to provide services and programming. Citywide Outreach Coordinator will spend one day per week at each of the satellite sites in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island.
- Citywide Outreach Coordinator will become knowledgeable about the variety of services available to participants
Please send resume with salary requirements to email@example.com.
Resumes without accompanying salary requirements will not be considered. No phone calls please. Position open until filled.
Incorporated in 1978, SAGE is the nation’s oldest and largest organization dedicated to serving and advocating for LGBT older adults. SAGE’s mission is to lead in addressing issues related to LGBT aging. In partnership with its constituents and allies, SAGE works to achieve a high quality of life for LGBT older adults, supports and advocates for their rights, fosters a greater understanding of aging in all communities, and promotes positive images of LGBT life in later years.
SAGE offers an incredible benefits package, including fully paid health benefits for employees, a 403(b) with annual employer contribution, and generous paid time off.
SAGE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, citizenship status, marital status, HIV serostatus, sexual orientation, veteran status, height, weight, or disability.
Women, older adults, people of color, transgender and gender non-conforming people, poor and low-income people, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Visit www.sageusa.org for more information.