Posted on December 5, 2012
Fundraising Associate Manager
Sustainability Accounting Standards Board
Sustainability Accounting Standards Board - Fundraising Associate Manager
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in this position.
The full range of risks and opportunities that face an industry or company—which may hold the key to future success or failure—is critical in discerning the long-term value of a company. Transparency in environmental, social and governance (ESG) risks and opportunities is as important as financial disclosure, especially for investors interested in long-term value creation. Relevant sustainability data is crucial, not only to those concerned with sustainable development, but to those with their sights set firmly on the financial performance of their investments.
The Sustainability Standards Accounting Board (SASB™) will establish and maintain industry-tailored performance and disclosure protocols appropriate for use in standard filing instruments, such as the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Form 10-K. SASB will support the SEC by defining material ESG issues and establishing standards for accounting of impacts that may not translate into purely financial terms. Developed through a multi-stakeholder process, SASB will develop concise, relevant standards for all industries and target the 13,000 publicly traded U.S. companies for disclosure. With SASB industry standards in use, consideration of sustainability performance by investors and the public will become as routine and comparable as financial performance.
Please visit www.sasb.org for more information.
The Fundraising Associate Manager will be responsible for researching funding sources, assessing fit, providing content and context for approaching foundations and drafting LOIs and grant-writing. The Fundraising Associate Manager will be responsible for helping achieve SASB’s multimillion dollar fundraising goals and for ensuring that funder stewardship is efficient, streamlined and responsive to funders’ needs. This is a new position in SASB.
The Fundraising Associate Manager will serve as a member of the Partnerships & Outreach team, building out a strong development pipeline for the organization.
This is a fulltime job. Initially the individual will work remotely, occasionally working from the SASB office (1-2 days a week). As our organization grows we expect this person’s time and responsibilities to grow as well, likely transitioning to working fulltime from the office.
Only candidates local to San Francisco Bay Area will be considered for this position.
REPORTS TO: Director, Outreach & Partnerships
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research, develop and grow target list of foundations, corporations, and individuals
- Provide analyses of prospect “fit” and assist in generating content/context to support inquiries
- Draft and track proposals for all foundation, corporate and significant individual fundraising activities
- Draft foundation reports as required by funders
- Manage potential funder pipeline, providing updates and progress reports with respect to targets
- Ensure data entry of fundraising-related information into Salesforce and run reports as needed
- Assist with annual online fundraising campaign as needed
- Oversee planning, organization and execution of special events as needed, including funder appreciation events and Advisory Council yearly event.
- Commitment to social and environmental justice and the mission of SASB
- BA required
- 2-plus years’ experience in grant-writing and research highly desired
- Excellent writing skills across a range of formats and audiences
- Excellent research, project management and organizational skills
- Strong partnership building and event planning skills
- High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail; high degree of initiative; ability to work with competing priorities and meet strict deadlines.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Excels at operating in an fast pace, community environment
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office
- Solid experience with Salesforce a definite plus
- Solid experience leveraging social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, twitter, blogs, etc.) for fundraising and communications
SPECIAL ADA REQUIREMENTS
- SASB is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
- For the purposes of ADA, the “Essential Duties and Responsibilities” and “Qualifications” are essential job functions.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment, with typical office noise, equipment, and with staff tending to other business transactions.
- Both standing and sitting are required for extended periods of time, with majority of work of the job done sitting. Approximately three-quarters of the time performing job duties is spent using a computer keyboard.
- Various types of office equipment/supplies are used to accomplish the job requirements and include, but are not limited to phones, computers, pens, pencils, calculators, computer keyboards, telephone, printers, etc.
- Required to drive personal auto to other work sites for meetings, conferences, etc.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit Work for SASB and submit a cover letter and resume. No phone calls please.
FLSA: Exempt-Full Time Schedule
Office Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Last revised: November 2012
Please visit Work for SASB and submit a cover letter and resume. No phone calls please