Posted on December 5, 2012
Samasource - Content Writer
Samasource is an award-winning social enterprise with a huge vision - to connect the one billion people living in poverty around the world to work using technology. Samasource combines the fast-paced, results-driven culture of a tech start-up with the passion for alleviating global poverty of a non-profit. We like to move quickly and get things done - if you join us, you will be part of a dynamic team that is passionate about making an impact.
Samasource was founded in 2008 and is supported by major corporate and philanthropic funders including MasterCard, Google, eBay, Cisco, Rockefeller, Ford and the State Department. Headquartered in San Francisco’s Mission District, Samasource has 30+ employees and gives work to thousands of people worldwide.
We are looking for a proactive and experienced Content Writer who will provide grant writing support for our new and existing funding partners as well as assist in creating original online content including blog posts, social media posts, online op-eds and e-mail newsletters. Ideal candidates should live to write. They should have experience writing corporate foundation grants, and be highly skilled at representing accomplishments and initiatives to a variety of external stakeholders. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Development, and working directly with the Grants Manager, you’ll be able to make an immediate contribution to the organization.
- Draft and edit letters of intent, concept notes, proposals, and program reports for institutional and corporate donors within Samasource’s existing network.
- Work with Grants Manager on preparing grant submission packages, manage internal relationships with the keen ability to track and collect information within tight deadlines
- Create original online and offline communications, including: program case studies, pitch decks, and other donor-focused communications.
- Work cross-functionally with the Director of Marketing to understand our target audience and to set the tone and voice for all donor-facing communications and manage a comprehensive content calendar for our blog and social media.
- Undergraduate degree from a top-tier university in Journalism, English or related field preferred
- 2+ years of grant and report writing with a proven track record writing concise, compelling copy to engage stakeholders
- Familiarity with traditional foundations and corporate donors a must – government and/or PRI experience a plus
- Fluency with budgets and comfortable with numbers
- Impeccable grammar and excellent copywriting skills a must
- Experience with early stage technology-related non-profits or social enterprises a plus
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment with multiple assignments - exceptional attention to detail a must
- A desire to change the world
- Outgoing personality and great sense of humor
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
To apply please submit your resume, cover letter and writing sample through our website.