Posted on December 5, 2012
Director, Professional Recruitment
Teach for America
Teach For America - Director, Professional Recruitment
The director of professional recruitment is responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive strategy to recruit exceptional professional talent to the corps. The director will work with other teams within Teach For America not only to build this pipeline of individuals, but to gain access to these individuals. Leveraging key influencers (ex. charter school leaders, superintendents, TFA senior leaders, board members and other supporters) to identify and connect with exceptional candidates, the director will then provide these prospects with opportunities to learn about the corps and engage with key leaders in the education space with the goal of recruiting the prospects to join the corps. Additionally, the director will be responsible for researching and developing new programs to attract and develop exceptional professional corps members. The director will report to a managing director, professional recruitment and be an active contributor to the development of the team's professional recruitment strategy.
The Recruitment team works to enlist this country's leaders in the movement to eliminate educational inequity. The team identifies and inspires thousands of potential corps members on college campuses and from multiple career sectors to apply to and join Teach For America. Additionally, the team is responsible for meeting our ambitious goals for the quality, growth and diversity of our corps.
- Setting the vision and strategy for recruiting exceptional professional talent to the corps
- Developing relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to identify exceptional professional talent
- Recruiting exceptional professional talent to join the corps by developing strong relationships and providing opportunities for them to better understand both the issue of educational inequity and the corps experience
- Researching the motivations/concerns of exceptional professional talent with respect to the corps experience
- Identifying effective practices that have been adopted by other organizations (corporations, fellowship programs, graduates schools, etc.)
- Developing and piloting supplemental programmatic experiences to both attract and develop exceptional professional corps members (ex. a fellowship, leadership development programs, mentoring, networking opportunities) in partnership with colleagues across the Teach For America program continuum
- Evaluating efforts through a variety of lenses (impact on recruitment of exceptional talent, cost/benefit analysis, etc.)
- Participating in corps member selection and matriculation
- Cultivating second-year corps members and alumni for staff positions
- Thriving in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, diverse, results-oriented environment
- Operating with a strong goal orientation and achieving ambitious results
- Developing and cultivating relationships and networks in order to achieve results
- Communicating effectively and tailoring messages to specific motivations and interests
- Analyzing and synthesizing data from a range of sources in order to set a compelling vision and strategy for immediate and long-term impact
- Developing comprehensive, data-based strategies and executing on those strategies
- Inspiring committed and positive action toward individual and organizational goals
- Making informed and timely decisions, and using sound judgment to prioritize actions
- Tracking tasks and following through on execution
- Exemplifying Teach For America's core values
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 4-6 years of professional work experience required
- At minimum, 2 years of experience working in a role focused on relationship-building, such as development or headhunting/recruitment
- Prior experience with program design preferred
- Prior experience as a Teach For America corps member or staff member helpful
Willingness to travel and work some weekends and evenings
TO APPLY: http://teachforamerica.taleo.net/careersection/01/jobdetail.ftl?&job=12702
Benefits and Salary:
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
Anti-Discrimination Policy and Commitment to Diversity:
Teach For America seeks individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort.
About Teach For America:
Teach For America is the national corps of top college graduates and professionals who commit to teach for two years in urban and rural public schools and become lifelong leaders in the effort to expand educational opportunity. Our mission is to build the movement to eliminate educational inequity by enlisting the nation's most promising future leaders in the effort.
To apply for this position, please go to: