Posted on December 4, 2012
Division Director Behavioral Health Services
Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County - Division Director Behavioral Health Services
GENERAL NATURE OF POSITION: To implement, manage and direct a high quality integrated service delivery system including mental health, dual diagnosis, employment placement, CalWORKs Health Alliance, and others, and to establish Catholic Charities as a major force in behavioral health services in Santa County.
Provides leadership and assistance to team members. Provides technical direction and work-related advice. They oversee, review and direct the actions of team members' assignments and projects. They make sure that program goals and deliverable are met. They manage the communication and facilitate interdepartmental cooperation.
Staffing and Supervision
Responsible for assisting the Human Resources department in the selection, interviewing and hiring of new staff. Responsible for implementing the supervisory process for all staff. Responsible to ensure that staff is properly trained and prepared for their work. Manages turnover and vacancies.
Responsible for fostering positive relationships with the staff and clients. Responsible for handling all disputes and conflicts in a professional and fair manner. Responsible for establishing and developing customer service standards and policies.
Ability to motivate and manage his/her team to achieve measurable goals while building a sustainable, rigorous and enjoyable work environment. Responsible for developing division policies for achieving program goals. Actively seeks out and collects data necessary to knowledgeably determine the effectiveness of programs
Budgeting and Finance
Responsible for assisting the finance department with the division’s annual budget. Reviews the budget and completes variance reports for any unusual or unexpected expenses.
Represents our culture and values internally and externally. Passionate about and committed to supporting our mission.
External Relationship Building
Communicates effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels and to build credibility for the organization as a whole.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement integrated, uniform information-based service systems, including information gathering, service documentation, reporting and outcome accountability, beginning with mental health services and adding others according to needs assessments, strategic plans, community trends and resource availability.
- Interface with payers and with other Catholic Charities agencies and to maximize revenue based on client and community needs in accordance with Catholic Charities Mission Statement
- Develop collaborative opportunities within Catholic Charities and with other community agencies.
- Oversee all behavioral health services programs that include mental health, substance abuse, dual diagnosis treatment, grant programs for adults and children.
- Consult with management on the implementation of behavioral health programs, managed care orientation and accountability into other programs.
- Supervise and participate in the acquisition of and renewals for foundation and government grants and provide for reporting on grant funds received, including writing of proposals, reports, letters and other communications.
- Direct the implementation of a quality improvement program for the agency outpatient behavioral health services.
- Develop business relationships with collaborative service providers, funders and communities.
- Develop and maintain positive community relations.
SUMMARY OF OTHER JOB DUTIES:
- Lead internal training in behavioral health care services, strategies, priorities and values as they apply to a multi-service social service agency.
- Participate in planning for staff support activities to facilitate transition into an integrated behavioral health system with managed care aspects.
- Over see and/or participate in preparation of budgets and operate program services within budget parameters.
- Service as part of the executive Team to develop processes and policies for present and future program needs
- Carry out special tasks and agency-wide responsibilities as assigned.
1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Understanding of complex client, community and agency issues and ability to take appropriate action
- Demonstrated ability to hire/form, supervise, train, develop and evaluate individuals and teams.
- Ability to convey a vision and lead strategic planning at division/program level
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and on a team.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Computer skills using Windows
- Support implementation of “best practices” and continuous improvement
2) Minimum educational level:
- MPA, MHSA, MSW, Ph.D or equivalent education and experience.
3) Experience required:
- Five years management experience in behavioral health services, managed health care or social services
- Management experience is a behavioral health service organization or managed behavioral heath care company with an emphasis on Medicaid or Medicare service preferred
4) Physical Requirements:
- Lifting 2-30 lbs.
- Car, valid CA license and insurance coverage per agency requirements
- * Some sitting for extended periods of time
- Provides clinical consultation and administrative supervision to staff
- Responsible for completion of performance evaluations by the mental health teams for all team members.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. Because of a need to remain responsive to the needs of our clients and our Agency's operations, responsibilities may be modified at any time.
Catholic Charities is a non-profit, non-discriminatory service organization and employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability. Persons seeking employment are entitled to freedom from harassment and retaliation and reasonable accommodation for qualified disabilities.
Job Code: 2012-129
TO APPLY: Please submit resume to email@example.com or via fax to 408-944-0276