Posted on January 31, 2013
Grace Institute - Finance Manager
ABOUT GRACE INSTITUTE
For over 115 years, the Grace Institute has provided free job training and placement to economically disadvantaged women throughout New York City. Each year, 300 at-risk women are trained with the computer and business skills necessary for office support positions. Grace Institute is one of the only job training organizations that places its graduates into jobs with benefits, ensuring that 80% of graduates are employed within one year. By learning the skills to successfully enter and remain in the workforce, our students break the cycle of poverty that traps many women and their children. Grace Institute was founded in 1897 by W.R. Grace, twice-elect Mayor of New York City, and since then more than 100,000 women have come through its doors.
The Finance Manager is a position charged with supporting the day-today financial functions of the organization through general accounting and fiscal administrative tasks as well as producing regular finance reports to the senior staff and Board of Directors. The Finance Manager will play a key role in redesigning financial systems and processes in line with today’s best practices. The Finance Manager will work closely with the Comptroller, Operations Consultant and Executive Director.
- Assist with annual budgeting process as well as program specific budgets
- Assist in budget monitoring and forecasting activities; develops monthly financial reports as well as other reports needed for management, funders, Board, and other stakeholders
- Maintain accounting records in Quickbooks and files; prepare journal entries
- Assist with reorganizing the chart of accounts and implementing other process changes
- Process Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Cash Receipts
- Process payroll and 1099 forms; oversee Metrocard program and maintain employee files
- Reconcile accounts on a monthly basis
- Negotiate and maintain vendor and bank relationships
- Assist in ensuring audit readiness
- Assist with creating and ensuring effective financial management structure; facilitate communication between departments regarding financial matters
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- 2+ years accounting work experience, nonprofit accounting experience a plus.
- Attention to detail and organized
- Follows direction but can also work independently
- Demonstrates technical expertise and advanced knowledge of Quickbooks
- Experience with systems implementation and office technologies
Submit resume, cover letter, how you learned of this position and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org, Please include Finance Manager – Grace Institute in the subject box. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!