Posted on November 30, 2012
Director, Learning and Development
Teach for America
Teach for America - Director, Learning and Development
We are seeking a Director, Learning & Development who will manage the design of the professional development of our regional development and district partnership staff members. The Learning & Development team works to equip development and district partnership staff members to reach our ambitious goals by researching and identifying regional staff training needs and by designing, developing, and evaluating the learning experiences and tools to address those needs. The Director will collaborate with regional and national staff in the design of learning experiences (eLearning, webinars, in-person training, and supporting toolkits. The ideal candidate has design and/or regional GDP staff experience, a strong customer service ethic, is highly organized, able to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, and has a passion for continuous learning and improvement. The Director, Learning & Development reports to the Senior Managing Director, Learning & Development.
The Growth, Development, & Partnerships team mission is to build an ever-expanding and increasingly diverse movement of leaders in the private and public sectors committed to educational excellence and opportunity for all children. The team is responsible for enabling and accelerating Teach For America's impact by (1) raising financial support to enable our growth and operations, (2) building partnerships with schools, districts, supporters, government, community organizations, and other education institutions, and (3) developing and executing the optimum growth and corps member placement strategy to increase the teacher corps in existing and new sites.
Design of innovative learning events in support of a world-class learning and development function including:
- In-person, instructor led learning events (both individual modules and multi-day events)
- Synchronous e-learning
- Asynchronous e-learning
- Serve as consultant to national and regional staff in the design of learning experiences
- Collaborate with Manager and specialist on L&D team to ensure design of learning experiences are transferred into final learning materials
- Participate in the analysis of regional performance that will inform the determination of the focus of quarterly and annual training
- Design the onboarding modules for Development and DSP portfolio manager and support staff.
- Design the modules for strategic planning and operational planning workshops
- Collaborate with SMDs-GSRD on the design of modules for quarterly cluster training
- Design modules for the GDP New Hire Retreat
- Lead designer for the FY14 GDP conference
Candidate Profile and Experience Prerequisites
Skills -- demonstrated experience:
- Designing learning experiences
- Prioritizing and sequencing project tasks
- Tailoring approach toward the perspectives of others
- Identifying opportunities for improvement and systematically prioritizing solutions
- Writing and communicating in an effective and compelling manner
- Managing workload effectively and following through on execution
Approach to Work:
- Strong customer service ethic
- Desire to learn and continuously improve
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency and comfort with Microsoft office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, is required
- Experience with online training platforms (e.g. Articulate or GoTo Meeting) a plus
Education and Professional Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5 - 7years of work experience
Application Requirements and Process
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please submit your resume and one-page cover letter with your application.
- To link directly to this job listing, please use the following address.
Benefits and Salary
- Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included
- Anti-Discrimination Policy and Commitment to Diversity
Teach For America seeks individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort.
About Teach For America
Teach For America is the national corps of top college graduates and professionals who commit to teach for two years in urban and rural public schools and become lifelong leaders in the effort to expand educational opportunity. Our mission is to build the movement to eliminate educational inequity by enlisting the nation's most promising future leaders in the effort.
To apply for this position, please go to: