Posted on November 28, 2012
FEGS Health and Human Services System
FEGS Home Care Services - Executive Director
Background: F•E•G•S Home Care Services, Inc. and F•E•G•S Home Attendant Services, Inc., two not-for-profit subsidiaries of F•E•G•S Health and Human Services, have been delivering home care and home attendant services to the New York community for over four decades. Their mission is to coordinate and provide the highest quality care in the home enabling individuals with chronic medical conditions requiring long term care to remain in the home and live successfully in the community. Reaching over 1,000 individuals, a team of Nurse Care Managers and home attendants work in collaboration with managed care companies and other third party and private payers to assure that the right combination of services are provided.
F•E•G•S Health and Human Services, the parent organization, was founded in 1934 by the UJA-Federation. One of the largest not-for-profit health and human services organizations in the country with an operating budget of over $300 million, FEGS diversified service delivery system is comprised of a network of programs and resources in the areas of Health, Disabilities, HomeCare, Housing, Employment, Education, and Youth and Families.
The Position: Reporting to the Board of Directors and the Chief of Healthcare Operations for the parent organization, the Executive Director (“ED”) will provide overall strategic leadership, executive oversight and direction in support of the operations of the $32 million home care corporation providing services to individuals across the five boroughs of New York City with plans to expand to Nassau and Suffolk counties, in addition to oversight over home companion services under contract with the NYC Administration for Children’s Services (“ACS”) for individuals living with foster care families.
- Provide executive leadership and oversight over all home care operations of the organization including care coordination, home attendant and home care services in addition to home companion services for foster care families.
- Establish a strong working partnership with the Board of Directors and the Chief of Healthcare Operations of the parent organization built on a shared vision for future growth.
- Full financial, budget and P/L responsibility for the operation assuring that the organization is in a position of strong fiscal health on a sustained basis.
- Oversee a small team of senior clinical and operations managers responsible for a staff of over 1,000 home attendants and home care workers including the day to day clinical and financial activities of the organization.
- Assure the organization’s continued growth and expansion by helping to shape the overall strategy and transition to managed care as principal payer for services and develop a coordinated plan to successfully negotiate contracts and business relationships to assure a steady flow of home care cases.
- Develop plans to take advantage of new business opportunities in emerging markets resulting from Medicaid reform including, but not limited to, a planned expansion of services across Long Island.
- Assure that the organization has in place an integrated and state of the art compliance and quality management program and ensure that this plan is consistent with regulatory and other requirements governing the operations of home care organizations.
- Serve as senior representative and liaison to federal, state and local government entities and government officials, managed care insurance companies and other businesses in negotiating and promoting the organization’s interests in the healthcare and home care market.
- Ensure that effective management systems, controls and financial reporting systems are in place and report regularly to the Board on activities and the financial performance of the organization.
- Responsible for the overall quality of home care delivered.
Experience and Qualifications:
- An advanced degree with emphasis in Healthcare Administration, Public Administration or Business Administration
- A well established and proven track record of at least 15 years progressively responsible senior management level experience in the healthcare and/or human service field, of which at least 10 years have been in the home care industry overseeing operations of a substantial home care enterprise
- A broad and deep knowledge of the homecare and staffing industry, NYS Medicaid and managed care, government funded initiatives in this arena, and technology and automated systems supporting the operations of home care enterprises
- Superior leadership, team building and operations skills
- Ability to motivate a diverse workforce and assure bottom line accountability for quality service delivery and the successful financial performance of the enterprise
- Effective, articulate and persuasive communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Committed to the mission, purpose and values of FEGS Home Care Services with the desire to capitalize on and be part of the team that impacts the organization’s future
For more information about F•E•G•S Health and Human Services System, please visit their website at www.fegs.org.
F•E•G•S Health and Human Services System has retained the services of Harris Rand Lusk to conduct this search. Inquiries, nominations, and applications may be directed in confidence to:
Jack Lusk, Managing Partner or Anne McCarthy, Senior Director
Harris Rand Lusk
261 Madison Avenue, 11th Floor
New York, NY 10016