Posted on November 27, 2012
PUENTE Learning Center
PUENTE Learning Center - Director, Development
PUENTE Learning Center helps children, youth, and adults build strong educational foundations, find meaningful employment, and improve the quality of life for themselves and their families. The organization provides education and workforce training in Boyle Heights and South Los Angeles, communities with high unemployment, low educational attainment, and great potential. Offering tuition-free, technology-enhanced instruction to 4,000 students annually, PUENTE has impacted the lives of over 85,000 individuals since 1985.
General Description of Position
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Development creates and oversees the execution of a strategic fundraising plan, and provides overall planning, direction and supervision of PUENTE’s Development function.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible for overall fundraising goals, capital campaign direction and management, special fundraising events, planned giving, annual appeals, grant solicitation, and related functions.
- Initiates and manages yearly resource development plan for support from individuals, corporations, foundations, and government sources
- Works closely with the board of directors to support board engagement in fundraising activities
- Monitors and evaluates all fundraising activities to ensure fundraising goals are being achieved
- Oversees special fundraising events
- Plays lead role with site visits for donors and prospects at both campuses
- Prepares and monitors budgets for all Development activities
- Monitors trends in philanthropy and adapts fundraising strategies as necessary
- Creates and implements Marketing and Communications activities, including service/program development assessments, business community relations, and related Development activities.
- Coordinates and submits information to the CEO regarding new service opportunities, potential beneficial associations and partnerships as part of strategic and budget planning
- Develops and oversees media promotion of PUENTE via publications, website, branding, and media outlets
- Represents PUENTE with donors, prospects, and in the community as necessary to advance the mission and fundraising goals of the organization
- Serves as official public spokesperson as delegated by the CEO
Qualities and Capabilities:
Minimum 5 years of prior experience leading a Development Department
Proven ability to meet fundraising goals and conduct direct cultivation and solicitation of prospective donors
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Detail oriented and well-organized
Familiar with databases (DonorPerfect), Word, Excel
Able to handle multiple tasks and deadlines
Strong people skills
How to apply:
This is a full-time position, with a competitive salary and benefits. Send cover letter, resume, salary history and requirement, and a writing sample no later than Thursday, December 20 to TesaM@puente.org or fax to 323-780-0359. Local candidates preferred.