Posted on November 24, 2012
Director of Field Operations
Senior Service America
Senior Service America - Director of Field Operations
Senior Service America, Inc. (SSAI)—a national nonprofit organization that has helped low-income older adults return to the workforce since 1968—seeks a full-time Director of Field Operations. Based in Silver Spring, MD, the Director of Field Operations will supervise and lead a team of staff responsible for continual improvement of the Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) operated by 80 local subgrantees in 16 states. As a member of SSAI’s senior leadership team, this position reports directly to the Deputy Director.
Key outcomes expected of this position include:
- Increased number of SCSEP participants whom employers hire on their own payroll;
- Enhanced quality of subsidized community service jobs performed by SCSEP participants, including developing innovative roles for low-income older adults that help meet community needs;
- Stronger partnerships between SSAI and each of its 80 local subgrantees (which include diverse community, faith-based, and government agencies, both rural and urban); and
- High-performing teams of SSAI staff focused on continual program improvement.
Applicants MUST meet the following minimum requirements:
- Hands-on experience helping disadvantaged and unemployed individuals return to work. Past experience with low income and minority older workers preferred.
- Five years of prior experience directly supervising staff (including professionals) and building staff teams, with a strong emphasis on collaboration, inclusiveness, and accountability.
- Prior experience managing in a not-for-profit or public sector environment. Prior supervisory experience under a collective bargaining agreement preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance, defined benefit pension, 401(k), paid vacation and holidays. Some travel required.
To apply, please email your resume with a cover letter describing specific past experience that satisfies each of the minimum requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about Senior Service America or the Senior Community Service Employment Program, please visit www.seniorserviceamerica.org.
Senior Service America, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and members of minority groups are encouraged to apply.