Posted on November 22, 2012
Fund for Public Health in New York
Fund for Public Health in New York - Grants Manager
The Fund for Public Health in New York (FPHNY) is a not-for-profit organization which aims to advance the health and well-being of all New York City residents, build sustained private sector support to enhance public health initiatives, and educate New Yorkers about the important role they can play in promoting their own health and the health of their families and communities. Many of the programs administered by FPHNY are implemented in collaboration with the New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (NYCDOHMH).
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Grant and Contract Administration, the Grant Manager will be responsible for managing and coordinating a complex post-award grants portfolio, including federal, state, private and foundation grants. The position serves as the expert for the planning and implementation, providing guidance and then development/implementation of sub-recipient agreements, vendor contracts, interagency and intra-agency agreements and memoranda of understanding.
The Grant Manager will negotiate and review all reimbursement requests for appropriateness, and ensure that awardees are in compliance with established administrative and financial policies, procedures, and sound business practices. Following awards, he/she will monitor all phases of award and closing, including assessment of technical progress and performance.
The Grant Manager will serve as the key partner with the NYCDOHMH and function as the point-person and lead on all grant and contract matters. The Grant Manager is responsible for:
- Contract and Sub Contract development - Working with Counsel to develop, prepare and/or amend sub-recipient, sub award and other procurement agreements, with input from appropriate FPHNY and DOHMH staff on programmatic or policy issues, as required. Negotiate contract language within established organizational parameters. Ensure scope of service and deliverables are clearly stated. Ensure period of contract and contract amounts are within established timeframes and as budgeted. Ensure contract is executed in a timely manner and distributed as appropriate.
- Coordinate contract closeout actions in a timely manner including but not limited to audits, establishment of final rates, property inventories, de-obligation of funds, etc.
- Manage competitive bids and procurements including Requests for Proposals, Request for Expression of Interest, Negotiated Acquisitions and similar selection processes.
- Fiscal Management - Advising Principle Investigators at NYCDOHMH on grant funds management and budget planning, interpret terms of grant contracts, monitor appropriate spending, analyze and revise budgets, prepare grant reporting and review/ approve final financial reports prepared by Finance for funding agencies. The Grant Manager will proactively manage these grants and contracts in partnership with the DOHMH and effectively communicate and escalate issues to ensure successful outcomes.
- Review and approve contract payments, verifying fund sufficiency and appropriate supporting documentation is included.
- Identify FPHNY and/or DOHMH barriers to compliance and develop timely and sustainable remediation plans.
- Identify barriers to workflow, efficiency and vendor management and participate in issue resolution. Develop timely and sustainable remediation plans. Communicate required actions to all related parties. Share “best practices” with colleagues.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Qualifications
The position requires knowledge and skill in applying analytical and evaluative techniques to the identification and resolution of grants administration issues and knowledge of laws, regulations, agency policy, precedent cases, and other requirements that affect grant program administration.
- BA/BS Degree + 5 years project management experience, Master’s degree a plus
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills and communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Strong budget and finance experience, including demonstrated ability to develop, monitor and analyze budgets, forecast expenditures. Ability to read and interpret pivot tables a plus.
- Knowledge of laws, principles, rules and policies relating to federal grants.
- Demonstrated experience managing federal awards, including knowledge of 2 CFR230 (A-122) and completion of continuation applications, FFRs, SF424As, and other required reports.
- Experience in drafting consultant, sub recipient and sub awardee contracts.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships with partners, funders, internal and external colleagues.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team in fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare presentation materials using PowerPoint and Excel that tailors information to the specific audience.
Salary and Benefits
FPHNY offers a comprehensive benefits package. Salary is commensurate with experience and salary history, up to mid $60,000s.
To apply, send resume with cover letter including salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate "Grant Manager and your name" in the subject line.
The Fund for Public Health in New York, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply