Posted on November 21, 2012
Humane Society of Northeast Georgia
Humane Society of Northeast Georgia, Executive Director
The Humane Society of Northeast Georgia, a leading regional animal welfare
organization, is now seeking candidates for EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR.
Reporting to the Board of Directors (Board), the Executive Director supports
HSNEGA in achieving its mission and strategic goals, serving as a leader,
visionary and decision maker. This position, which oversees all staff and
volunteers, makes recommendations to the Board regarding daily and long-term
operations; oversees and participates in the initiation of programs that advance
the image of HSNEGA in the eyes of the community it serves; and actively seeks
contributions to ensure adequate funds are available for the operation of HSNEGA
and its advancement and consistent growth.
- Provides strategic planning and leadership to assure HSNEGA achieves its
mission and goals.
- Directs budgetary and financial control of HSNEGA, including
recommending annual budget for board approval, and prudently manages resources
within budget guidelines.
- Ensures the well-being and humane treatment of the animals in
- Assures adequate maintenance of the shelter and site and makes
recommendations for improvements and new facilities as required.
- Acts as the director of human resources and administers personnel
policies, procedures and practices.
- Represents HSNEGA in the public arena and works collaboratively with
regional animal welfare and other related organizations.
- Assures the organization and its programs, operations and services are
effectively managed and consistently presented in a strong, positive image to
- Assures responsible and effective fundraising planning and
implementation including identification, cultivation and solicitation of
potential funding sources. Promotes and represents HSNEGA to potential and
current donors and funding organizations.
- Seeks out and maintains community contacts and represents HSNEGA to the
public through various types of appearances.
- Responsible and accountable for the effects of own productivity,
attendance and behavior (performance).
- Performs other duties as assigned to ensure a positive public image and
improve the functioning of the organization and its facilities.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Senior level executive experience in a multi-faceted animal welfare
(preferred) or non-profit organization.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage a $1 million+ operating
- Demonstrated human resource leadership, management and development
- Knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations which relate to the
management of a non-profit animal welfare organization as well as the issues,
challenges and concerns facing the field.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a non-profit board of
directors and various constituency groups.
- Strategic planning experience and demonstrated fundraising and donor
- Demonstrated passion for HSNEGA’s mission.
- Advocacy and community outreach experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to
represent HSNEGA to a wide, varied audience.
- Ability to work with shifting priorities and in an organization which is
highly visible in the community.
- Demonstrated personal credibility and ability to lead with honesty and
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (or equivalent work experience);
advanced degree and/or professional certification such as certified animal
welfare administrator (CAWA) designation or Certified Fundraising Executive
(CFRE) designation highly desired
To learn more, and for information on applying, please visit www.HSNEGA.org/search to download a PDF
of the position description.