Posted on October 29, 2012
Gateway School of New York
Gateway School of New York - Development Associate
The Gateway School of New York is located at 211 West 61st Street. The school was founded in 1965. Gateway serves approximately 135 students with learning disabilities. Students range from age five up through 8th grade. Gateway has an operating budget of approximately $9,000,000. Fundraising is a critical component of the schools’ success.
Duties and Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities focus on
- Database maintenance and gift entry
- Writing and sending “thank you” tax exempt letters
- Filing receipts and copies of donations
- Running queries and reports using fundraising software.
- Has a significant role coordinating and managing the annual fund (Parent Annual Operating Fund) of approximately $1,000,000. This includes the timing of solicitations, writing letters and working with volunteers.
- Assists with school events, benefit, capital campaign, communications, marketing and day to day operations.
- College degree and development/fundraising experience required
- Experience with fundraising/database software e.g. Senior-Systems strongly preferred
- Experience in independent school preferred
Skills and Knowledge
This is a 12 month position, reporting to the Director of Advancement. Competitive compensation package includes generous paid time off.
- Comfortable with fundraising: donor cultivation, stewardship and personal solicitations
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills and great attention to detail
- Able to work with volunteers, team oriented, and willing to pitch in when and where needed
- Proficient with computers and fundraising software
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter, which must include your salary requirements to: Posting140@gatewayschool.org. The Gateway School of New York is an equal opportunity employer.