Posted on March 15, 2013
Director, Individual Giving
Teach for America
Teach For America - Director, Individual Giving
Teach For America-Colorado is on the hunt for a Director, Individual Giving to join our incredible team! We are a fun and passionate group of diverse people who are inspired by our mission, each other, and the potential of the students we serve. We are guided in our work by our core values and each day we seek to live them more fully to build our team culture and to raise the expectations we have for ourselves. We are committed to this because the better we are at our roles in this movement to end educational inequity, the faster "one day" will become today for our kids!
Other great reasons to work for us:
#70 on the 2012 Fortune: 100 Best Companies to Work for List (second consecutive year and rising!)
Comprehensive benefits package
Flexible work times and locations
The Director, Individual Giving will be instrumental in driving Colorado's efforts to meet ambitious fundraising goals in the next three years and to build long-term sustainability by taking a lead role in the development and execution of targeted individual campaigns and cultivation strategies. The Director, Individual Giving will work closely with the vice president, external affairs and executive director to set and execute a high level individual giving strategy and will be responsible for: creating and executing an operational plan in order to meet fundraising goals; developing strategies and cultivation plans for a portfolio of donors and prospects; and managing up to the vice president external affairs and executive director to cultivate, solicit and steward donors. To be successful, the Director, Individual Giving must: be a strategic thinker with a keen understanding of what motivates others; display sound judgment in prioritizing actions based on outcomes; and be able to get results through others. This individual must also be exceptionally organized with strong attention to detail and a high bar for quality.
The Director, Individual Giving reports to the Vice President, External Affairs and together with the External Affairs team, works closely to position Teach For America as an enduring institution and strong voice in the education reform movement in Colorado.
- Professional Development
- Fulfilling our Mission through Organizational and Regional Priorities Corps Member Engagement
- Regional Team Engagement
Candidate Skills and Experience Prerequisites:
- A deep personal passion for taking an active role in closing the achievement gap in Colorado
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5-7 years professional experience preferred
- Highly strategic thinker with ability to develop and execute strategic and operational plans grounded in using data to inform decisions.
- Exceptional goal orientation and a proven track record of achieving ambitious, measurable results
- Deeply motivated by building relationships and influencing others' perspectives
- Excellent verbal and written communicator: can speak compellingly about our organization, mission, and goals and has a mature presence
- Exceptionally organized with strong detail orientation and demonstrated ability to manage a high volume of work
- Strong results orientation with proven record of achieving ambitious goals
- Embodies Teach For America's core values
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint and Outlook
Application Requirements and Process:
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please submit your resume and one-page cover letter with your application.
To link directly to this job listing, please use the following address http://bit.ly/T9cBtF
Benefits and Salary:
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
Anti-Discrimination Policy and Commitment to Diversity:
Teach For America seeks individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort.
About Teach For America:
Teach For America is the national corps of top college graduates and professionals who commit to teach for two years in urban and rural public schools and become lifelong leaders in the effort to expand educational opportunity. Our mission is to build the movement to eliminate educational inequity by enlisting the nation's most promising future leaders in the effort.
To apply for this position, please go to: