Posted on October 22, 2012
Development Officer for Major Gifts
Colorado College - Development Officer for Major Gifts
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Development/Chief Development Officer, serves as a member of a dynamic results-driven team of people “selling” Colorado College, and contributes to the college’s goal of being the finest liberal arts college in the nation.
RESPONSIBILITIES ( regular bullet denotes essential/primary responsibilities, sub-bullet 'o' denotes secondary responsibilities:
- Cultivate, sustain, and grow relationships with the college’s strategically important alumni, parents, and friends.
- Work with potential charitable investors to help them align their philanthropic goals with the opportunities at the college.
- Manage a substantial portfolio of relationships – generally located within two territories within the U.S.
- Perform within specific activity goals including number of purposeful visits, presentations and results, quantifiable movements along the relationship spectrum.
- Oversee a brief portfolio of strategic projects to create fundraising plans.
- Plan, create, and oversee various donor-development events.
- Contribute to a dynamic, creative and energetic team environment.
- Support and contribute to the goal of achieving greater diversity at Colorado College and work effectively with the many constituencies in a college environment.
- Promote a culture of safety and environmental protection by working in a safe manner; immediately reporting unsafe situations and accidents; following college procedures; and participating in appropriate safety training.
- Act in a socially responsible manner and model environmental sustainability by exercising financial prudence, using college resources wisely, and supporting ecological initiatives and innovation.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of two years of experience in major gift solicitation and volunteer management, or Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of five years related experience in sales, marketing, volunteer personal solicitation, external communications, or development. A creative, enthusiastic sales team member with strong communication skills. The proven ability to administer complex projects is essential. High ethical standards are demanded. Willingness and availability to travel extensively is required, as well as occasional weekend and evening work. The successful candidate will have a clear commitment to the mission of a liberal arts college.
Colorado College graduate or knowledge of Colorado College preferred. Master’s degree in related field preferred. A working knowledge of financial planning techniques is a plus. Major gift solicitation in an academic environment preferred.
To apply, please visit https://employment.coloradocollege.edu