Posted on October 17, 2012
Musica Sacra - Musica Sacra
Musica Sacra of New York
Hours: Full-time position, some evenings and weekends
Position Summary: Musica Sacra is currently looking for an Executive Director to work with the Music Director, Board of Directors and Ticket Administrator to manage all administrative, financial, fundraising, and marketing needs for the organization.
- Fundraising: Create and implement all fundraising appeals; research and prepare grant applications; maintain contact with and solicit contributions from new and current patrons
- Financial: Developing, maintaining, and balancing the budget; manage cash flow and handle all accounts receivable and payable
- Marketing: Plan and implement the marketing strategy for the concert season (brochures and postcards, eblasts, radio, social media, etc.); write and distribute press releases; investigate new avenues of marketing and audience development
- Concert Production: serve as the primary contact to venues, coordinate rehearsal times and spaces, liaise with musicians and contractors, prepare copy for programs.
- Ticketing: oversee ticketing process with the Ticket Administrator; track all sales and income for each performance and event
- General Administration: Maintain database; serve as liaison to the board; answer general inquiries and correspondence
- Music Education: Coordinate outreach initiatives; correspond with teachers/schools regarding attending rehearsals and complimentary tickets for students to attend concerts
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, an innovative and positive thinker; has the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure; can work effectively both independently and with other staff and board members; and is able to anticipate potential setbacks and come up with appropriate and creative solutions to issues that may arise. The ability to positively motivate and develop staff, Board, and volunteers, and to build consensus among stakeholders and constituents will go a long way.
Qualified applicants will have a minimum of a bachelor's degree, and a minimum of 3-5 years in a leadership role in arts or nonprofit management is required. Preference will be given to candidates with a proven track record in fundraising, experience with marketing strategies and press relations, and strong budgeting and financial management experience. Knowledge of and passion for choral music and experience in the New York City market is desired. Competency and comfort with all standard computer applications (Microsoft Office) is mandatory, and a tech savvy candidate with experience with QuickBooks, PatronManager/Salesforce, Joomla, and InDesign is ideal.
About the organization: Musica Sacra of NY, Inc. is a non-profit arts organization based in New York City. Founded in 1964 by renowned choral conductor Richard Westenburg, Musica Sacra has presented classical music concerts in the city’s major concert halls and venues continuously for over 48 years. Musica Sacra is now under the musical leadership of acclaimed conductor Kent Tritle.
The Musica Sacra Chorus and Orchestra are comprised of New York City’s finest professional singers and instrumentalists. The 2012 – 2013 season includes a fall concert at Alice Tully Hall, two performances of Messiah at Carnegie Hall and a spring concert at the Church of St Paul the Apostle. Visit www.musicasacrany.com for additional information on Musica Sacra and its programs.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume, as well as any marketing or fundraising writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org.