Posted on October 16, 2012
Thresholds - Employment Specialist
The Employment Specialist will work as a member of an integrated clinical team at Thresholds. They will be responsible for actively engaging members interested in vocational services as well as responsible for facilitating interviews for employment and job exploration/development/seeking/retention efforts daily. Must document DHS individual services and outcome measures, e.g. electronic billing services, DRS paperwork, etc. Various other duties include but not limited to transporting members to DRS appts.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
Must model wellness and interact with respect and regard. Must be able to work in a team effectively. Must have a positive manner and belief in the value of work for everyone. Experience with employment, sales, and/or customer service essential. May substitute sales or customer service experience for BA. Must learn to assess existing symptoms of mental illness and respond to program. Must be able to contribute to the creation of supportive, dynamic and healthy milieu. Must be a self starter, flexible, problem solver.
- Employment Specialist will need to be familiar with and utilize Evidence Based Practices – SEP.
- This person should have good written and verbal communication skills and strong basic computer skills, which include the ability to document services in a clear and effective manner. Experience in the mental health field is strongly preferred.
- Must have a valid Driver's license and good driving record. Must have 100,000/300,000/100,000 auto liability insurance.
- Bachelor's degree, a minimum of five years supervised experience in mental health or human services or the ability to meet Office of Mental Health standards as a Mental Health Professional required.
- MS/MA/MSW preferred. CRC preferred. This position is on an Assertive Community Treatment Team (ACT)
Candidates must apply online: https://jobs-thresholds.icims.com/jobs/2144/employment-specialist/job