Posted on October 12, 2012
Nicaraguan Children's Friendship Committee
Nicaraguan Children's Friendship Committee - Nicaraguan Children's Friendship Committee
Development & Outreach (75%):
- Assist with planning and implementing a fundraising strategy for individual donors, businesses and foundations.
- Research and seek partnerships with other US organizations (i.e. social or charitable organizations).
- Assist with planning and production of fundraising events.
- Assist with drafting, and producing donor solicitations and updates for regular mail and electronic mail.
- Prepare correspondence to donors and foundation proposals.
- Manage tasks needed to submit foundation proposals.
- Work with graphic designer to update website and printed informational pieces.
Administrative Work (25%)
- Assist with preparation of reports, presentations and other informational material for meetings of Board of Directors.
- Maintain donor database on Giftworks software by entering and tracking donations. Knowledge of Giftworks donor software not required but past experience with other databases is helpful.
- Clerical work (i.e. filing, preparing mailings, copying).
Skills & Experience
- Fluency in Spanish language (speaking & writing) preferred but not required. Familiarity with Latin American, particularly Central American, countries (i.e. travel or personal history) helpful but not required.
- Past experience (minimum 3 years) in project management; or administrative assistant/consultant in development or marketing department of a non-profit organization.
- Experience recruiting and building relationships with foundation funders is strongly preferred, but not required.
- Strong writing skills, including drafting, editing, and proofing is required. Ability to write well in Spanish is a plus.
- Ability to manage projects and deadlines is required. Demonstrated ability to organize detailed projects.
- Knowledgeable of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint required and a familiarity with a database program, such as Giftworks or Raiser’s Edge is a plus.
- Knowledgeable of social media tools.
- Knowledgeable of MAC programs helpful (particularly IPHOTO) but not essential.
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping and QuickBooks desired, but not essential.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Apply by October 29, 2012 to: Veronica Sanchez, President NCFC
Please submit a cover letter summarizing your fundraising and development experience along with your resume.
Please submit documents electronically to: email@example.com. Confidential emails with follow-up questions can also be submitted via this email address. Please, no phone calls.