Posted on October 11, 2012
Director of Corporate Giving
Intelligence Squared U.S. Debates
Intelligence Squared U.S. Debates - Director of Corporate Giving
Intelligence Squared U.S. Debates, a non-profit foundation, brings together the world’s leading authorities for an exciting contest of ideas, wit and persuasion in a series of provocative and timely debates. Think twice as opposing panels challenge your convictions on the most critical issues facing our nation today. The public policy debates are held live in New York City and later broadcast on NPR, PBS, World and at WSJ via UStream.
The Director of Corporate Giving is responsible for providing leadership, strategic direction, and overall management of a major gift fundraising program. This is a unique opportunity to work with the CEO, Executive Director and serve as an architect of a high-caliber, comprehensive major corporate gifts and funding program for Intelligence Squared U.S. Debates.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive plan to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward new corporate partners .
- Implement initial outreach and schedule meetings with prospective corporate funders.
- Write corporate requests, sponsorship proposals and follow up reports.
- Craft and coordinate creative giving opportunities for corporate donors/prospects.
- Track and report corporate donor prospecting efforts.
- Create and implement a comprehensive plan to attract new individual donors and to increase support from current donors.
- Implement appropriate systems and procedures to support fundraising endeavors including an accurate and efficient system for maintaining donor and potential donor data.
- Craft and coordinate donor receptions, events and other stewardship activities with the Executive Director and Director of Marketing and Production.
Who we are looking for:
The ideal candidate has several years’ of experience developing fundraising programs with a successful track record of building donor relationships, with both corporations and financial institutions based in New York City, individuals, and of obtaining large gifts. You are a sophisticated, strategic and collaborative leader who can establish and manage a robust development program. You are proactive, energetic and entrepreneurial, with a hands-on style in developing and executing a variety of fundraising activities.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Eight to ten years of fundraising and/or related experience with demonstrated ability to grow a program, and obtain large corporate sponsorships.
- Exceptional relationship building skills with internal partners and external donors.
- Effective communicator; dynamic, articulate and persuasive both verbally and in writing.
- Proactive, entrepreneurial and energetic with a hands-on style in developing and executing a variety of fundraising activities.
- Strategic and resourceful, able to see the bigger picture, drive the vision and orchestrate short and long-term objectives.
- High level of comfort when interacting with VIPs and senior executives in social and professional settings.
- Strong computer and social media skills, including database management.
- 4 year degree from an accredited College or University, with an MBA preferred.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Full benefits including Medical and Dental
- Lunch Daily
Some travel required
Please submit a writing sample with your resume.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and a writing sample to email@example.com - No phone calls please.