Posted on March 14, 2013
Institutional Giving Manager
GLIDE - Institutional Giving Manager
Build an Institutional Giving Program by cultivating current funders and volunteers, diversifying giving prospects, creating strategic and targeted proposals and letters of inquiry to support programmatic and unrestricted funding.
Identify Bay Area corporations and their philanthropic goals and interests with the potential to support GLIDE programs and help to develop solicitation strategies for those companies. Create and manage the new pipeline of corporate partners by making initial contact (including cold calls!) and ensuring prospects and funders are inspired by GLIDE’s mission and are actively engaged in funding the advancement of GIDE’s goals.
With a Fund Development team, tailor corporate sponsor packages and communication materials. Write, edit, package and send written solicitation and promotional materials to corporate prospects.
Assist with the identification of personal connections between potential/actual corporate contributors and staff, Board, volunteers, and donors to ensure the attention of corporate funders.
Identify, organize and respond to requests from corporate donors related to requests (such as information about a gift’s impact, positioning at an event, engagement of corporate employees as volunteers, and similar requests).
Support the Volunteer Program by advancing links between volunteerism and corporate giving;
Lead site visits and contract monitoring visits.
GLIDE is a beloved cultural icon and San Francisco’s premiere provider of innovative social services for marginalized populations with an annual operating budget of $16.2 million and a staff of 150 employees. GLIDE offers comprehensive support services to San Francisco’s poor and homeless communities to overcome the barriers of poverty, violence, addiction, dependency and low self-worth. The organization has held steady the vision of supporting and uplifting the disenfranchised through unconditional love, acceptance and respect for over four decades.
Why Work at GLIDE?
- GLIDE's mission is to create a radically inclusive, just and loving community mobilized to alleviate suffering and break the cycles of poverty and marginalization.
- For over 40 years, GLIDE has been breaking down barriers, giving a voice to those who have been silenced and offering a place for all to come home.
- Our Core Values emerge from GLIDE as a spiritual movement. They are rooted in empowerment, recovery and personal transformation. Our values inspire and guide our behaviors.
- Our methodology is radically simple: love, acceptance, and compassion, which we apply through programs in Wellness, Growth, Spirit, and Leadership.
- The strength and vision of our staff empowers us and the community to continue to provide help and unconditional love to those most in need.
- We are committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. People of color, differently-abled people and LGBT persons are strongly encouraged to apply.
What Would Resonate With Us?
- You are a creative, driven, advancement professional, who truly values GLIDE’s mission.
- Experience in corporate cultivation and solicitation as well as developing cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- You are an exceptionally strong strategic and analytical thinker. You generate ideas, fresh perspectives and original approaches.
- Outstanding stewardship and relationship management skills with meticulous follow-through and excellent presentation skills.
- You are skilled at maintaining effective relationships with corporate and foundation partners and determining the optimal scenario for successful gift solicitation.
- Proven success in securing corporate gifts and in aligning nonprofit and corporate interests for gifts and sponsorships.
- You are a networker with excellent interpersonal skills and knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of oral and written communications to determine the most effective proposals and presentation materials, to persuade others to accept suggestions and proposals, and to foster effective relationships between funding sources and GLIDE.
- You have experience with donor data management systems (Raiser’s Edge) and can easily understand data and generate reports.
Thanks for reading; we look forward to getting to know you!
GLIDE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, disability, or sexual orientation. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. People of color, differently-abled people and LGBT persons are strongly encouraged to apply.
Send your LinkedIn URL or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, help us get to know you by including a note about yourself, plus any additional info that might be relevant.