Posted on January 15, 2013
Director of Development
World Lung Foundation
World Lung Foundation - World Lung Foundation
World Lung Foundation was established in 2004 to reverse the global epidemic of lung disease, which kills 10 million people each year. Our efforts are focused in low- and middle-income countries, where lung diseases take their greatest toll. We provide groundbreaking programs and services that result in improved capacity to fight all forms of lung disease.
Our work is centered on providing assistance to governments and non-government organizations as they establish their own knowledge, experience and infrastructure to deliver high-quality public health services. By building local capacity through research, education, advocacy, and cooperation among organizations that share our mission, we can and will reduce unnecessary deaths from lung disease.
Our focus is on these areas of lung health: tobacco control, child and maternal health, asthma, tuberculosis (TB), and HIV/AIDS.
Reporting to the CEO/Managing Director, the Director of Development will be responsible for all fundraising and development activities, including: setting priorities, goals and budgets; development and cultivation of corporate and foundation relationships; researching and identifying donors, corporate and individual; maintaining communication with current donors; designing and implementing major gift and annual campaigns; special event sponsorships and high-net worth donor relationships. They need to be independently strategic and motivated in executing all tasks at hand. They will work closely with and provide support the CEO, Board of Directors and the management team in achieving their fundraising goals.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Identify, prioritize, research and deepen relationships with new and existing donors and encourage their giving with a customized and personal cultivation approach.
- In partnership with the CEO/Managing Director, the Development Director will lead all World Lung Foundation fundraising and development activities.
- Provide strategic direction of World Lung Foundations fundraising efforts including setting annual targets and developing a multi-year strategy to support existing programs and future priorities.
- Have primary responsibility for development and execution of all proposals, presentations, reports and acknowledgements.
- Monitor all donor information; provide and present statistical analysis as required.
- Direct annual major gifts campaign and annual giving outreach.
- Closely partner with the Events Coordinator to ensure seamless sponsorship approach to signature events and long-term cultivation of current and potential corporate partners.
- Ensure grant management tools /systems are updated and utilized effectively.
QUALITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with education, experience, and salary history
- A Bachelor's Degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience in multi-national not-for-profit development, with an emphasis in the Public Health arena preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years in a leadership position, with ability to work independently
- Strong attention to details; organized and systematic in donor follow-through and stewardship and ability to manage several overlapping development campaigns.
- Outgoing with exceptional communication skills; ability to articulate World Lung Foundations mission, with proven ability to write effectively and speak persuasively;
- Experience working with fundraising database management systems, such as Common Ground and Convio preferred
- Strong communications experience, in particular solid knowledge of social media as platform to raise awareness/funds
- Energetic, positive outlook and commitment to World Lung Foundations progressive mission and grassroots approach to change
- Collaborative, Independent and Innovative leadership style, well suited to management in a professional setting.
How to apply: Email your resume and cover letter along with the names, email addresses and phone numbers of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also state your compensation requirements.