Posted on October 10, 2012
Staff Associate (Part-Time)
Columbia University SSW, Workplace Center
Columbia University SSW, Workplace Center - Staff Associate (Part-Time)
Under the supervision of the Director, the Research Staff Associate will work as a program coordinator at the Workplace Center. The applicant will be expected to take initiative to carry responsibility for research, program development, training and technical assistance work of the Workplace Center and, under the direction of the senior staff or the supervisor, to meet expectations for quantity, quality and timeliness of the work in carrying out the following duties and responsibilities:
THIS POSITION IS 100% GRANT-FUNDED. APPOINTMENT RENEWAL IS CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING.
- Assist with developing proposals for funding;
- Assist with designing protocols, developing instruments, collecting data (including computer based surveys and face-to-face interviews), data entry, analyzing data, and writing reports;
- Assist with Center conferences, presentations and other outreach, consultation and dissemination activities related to the Center's projects;
- Assist with developing curriculum and offering training and provision of technical assistance; and
- Carry out general administrative tasks involved in documenting work in the field and monitoring project budgets
Minimum Degree Required
A Master’s Degree in Social Work or related social science field. Required experience, which may be as a student intern, includes some combination of research, training, or experience in community agencies with services or other activities with regard to one or more of the following groups - youth, older people, people with mental health conditions knowledge of vocational program delivery; and competence with relevant software applications and internet access. Excellent oral and written communication skills are expected.
Preferred qualifications include experience with research and statistics. Prior experience desirable in assisting program development and implementation in one of the following: foster care, mental health, communities of practice, vocational placement experience, assisting preparation of proposals for grants and web based and library data base searches. Knowledge of SPSS a plus.
Interested applicants should apply for this position by emailing their resume and a short cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Part time staff associate”.