Posted on October 9, 2012
Girl Scouts of Ohio's Heartland
Girl Scouts of Ohio's Heartland - Grant Writer
The Grant Writer is responsible for researching, identifying, and writing proposals and applications for both public and private grant opportunities that support the organization’s fundraising and program priorities. Partners with program leaders to strategize and ensure targeted grant goals are met.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, English, or related field is required.
- 5 or more years’ experience in grant writing required.
- Demonstrated ability to raise money through grants. Specific experience writing United Way, government or other complex grants required.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Daily access to dependable transportation, valid driver’s license and insurance required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (2007, 2010).
- Knowledge of Novell GroupWise favorable.
- Bending, stretching, and kneeling.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 35 lbs.
- Must be able to withstand long periods of sitting and typing.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org , or fax to 614.487.8189, or US mail to Girl Scouts of Ohio’s Heartland Council, 1700 WaterMark Drive, Columbus, OH 43215.