Posted on October 9, 2012
Development Associate, Foundation Relations
Wildlife Conservation Society
Wildlife Conservation Society - Wildlife Conservation Society
Grants management and administration including writing, editing, formatting, and proofreading grant reports, budgets and other correspondence to donors as assigned.
- Under the direction of the Senior Development Officer, Grants Management, coordinate grants management for Foundation Relations team, including but not limited to writing, editing, formatting and proofreading grant reports and letters to foundation donors. Coordinate closely with other members of Foundation Relations team, program staff, and donors as necessary.
- Review reports, budgets, and other correspondence from program staff to ensure that materials meet the needs and expectations of donors, and conforms with Global Resources standards. Attention to accurate programmatic and financial reporting based on grant agreement documents is required.
- As necessary coordinate review and signature of grant agreements and the allocation of grant funds. Work with Development Associate, Foundation Relations, to ensure timely and accurate preparation of acknowledgment letters for Foundation donors.
- Work closely with Senior Development Officer, Grants Management, to maintain accurate information in database, computer, and hard copy files. Track reporting deadlines and requirements, providing reminders and background information to program and Foundation Relations staff.
- Oversee a portfolio of grants for an assigned set of program areas. Communicate with program and budget office staff to ensure the timely completion of grant reports, budgets, and other correspondence as required by donors.
- Staff Foundation Relations and Global Resources department activities including tours, cultivation visits, meetings, events, and special projects as necessary.
Required: B.A./B.S. and 2-3 years of fundraising experience, preferably in Foundation Relations or Grants Management. Excellent writing, organizational, interpersonal, and teamwork skills; great attention to detail; interest in WCS mission; strong proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and internet-based research. Degree in life sciences, experience with Raiser's Edge (or similar fundraising database) a plus.
Please apply online at: