Posted on January 11, 2013
Calvert Foundation - Analyst, Underwriting
Calvert Social Investment Foundation, a nonprofit 501(c)(3), is an innovative industry leader in Community Investing and Microfinance. Calvert Foundation is a social enterprise that provides investment capital to organizations that help people in disadvantaged communities work themselves out of poverty, in order to foster a more equitable and sustainable society. We are based in Bethesda, MD and have assets of over $450 million under management. Calvert Foundation’s work has been profiled in leading publications, including the Washington Post, Business Week, the Wall Street Journal and the Financial Times. Calvert Foundation is legally a separate entity from Calvert Investments, the largest family of socially responsible mutual funds in the country.
Job Objectives: The principal objective of the Underwriting Analyst role is to provide direct administrative support to the Lending and Underwriting teams (50%), as well as manage well defined a portfolio or credit process related activities (50%)
Job Content: In direct report to the Senior Director, Underwriting, the Underwriting Analyst will serve a dual role of providing direct administrative support to the Lending and Advisory Services team, including meeting scheduling and internal coordination, as well as direct responsibility for managing discreet portions of Calvert Foundation’s portfolio and credit process management activities. This career path caters to young professionals with a long term commitment to lending activities at Calvert Foundation. As such, the Underwriting Analyst position is an excellent opportunity for an individual with strong financial, analytical and communication skills, as well as an interest in supporting the Calvert Foundation’s mission.
Qualifications, Skills and Required Experience:
- Provide administrative support to the Lending and Underwriting teams;Monitor and manage the exit strategies for the Calvert Foundation’s Mission Plus portfolio;
- Schedule and manage all Credit review committees, including the preparation of the meeting agenda, information packets, minutes, and follow up reports;
- Database management for Calvert Foundation’s borrower database (I2DEA) and CRM systems (Salesforce);
- Serve as the Lending and Advisory Services Team liaison to Finance & Operations
- Due diligence process tracking and external analyst coordination; and Special projects as determined by the Senor Director for Underwriting.
- 1-2+ years prior financial services or professional experience for this entry level role
- Strong analytical, math and problem solving skills demonstrated in college or at work
- Strong relationship skills and interest in credit and risk management
Interested candidates should email a resume to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line, or mail to Calvert Foundation at 7315 Wisconsin Avenue Suite 1100W, Bethesda, MD 20814. No phone calls please.