Posted on October 5, 2012
Event Coordinator/Office Manager
New York City and Lower Hudson Valley Clean Communities
New York City and Lower Hudson Valley Clean Communities - Event Coordinator/Office Manager
About NYC & Lower Hudson Valley Clean Communities, Inc:
New York City & Lower Hudson Valley Clean Communities, Inc (NYCLHVCC) is a non-profit organization that works to ensure clean air for future generations by promoting alternative fuels and vehicles in the NYC and Lower Hudson Valley region of NY. NYCLHVCC is a designated US Department of Energy Clean Cities Coalition. Visit www.NYCLHVCC.org for more information.
The Events Coordinator/Office Manager is a full-time salaried position that will provide office management, assist the executive director with grant management, event planning, administrative and clerical services as needed.
- Marketing the organizations mission, events and member organizations. For example: Social media management, organizational website management, marketing material creation, and organizational newsletter.
- Engaging stakeholders and managing stakeholder database.
- Obtaining and managing NYCLHVCC’s membership organizations.
- Media relations, including managing of media list, and creation and distribution of press releases.
- Planning and executing events ranging from one-on-one meetings, board meetings, stakeholder workshops, webinars/webcasts, networking events, conferences and symposiums.
- Event Sponsorship level creation, sponsor outreach and management.
- Managing NYCLHVCC’s fundraising efforts.
- Management of organization’s database.
General Office Duties:
- Assist in managing and answering calls, emails, mail, managing calendars and scheduling.
- Assist with photocopying, scanning, promotional materials management.
- Assisting with project management and grant reporting.
- Assist in managing the organization’s digital files.
- Assist in management of internship program and intern projects.
Qualifications and Skills:
The candidate should be self-motivated and able to work independently and as a team member. Diligence and enthusiasm is a must! A passion for environment and sustainability issues, alternative fuels and/or vehicles is recommended, but not required.
- Minimum of three years of event management, fundraising, administrative and office management experience.
- Excellent organization and administrative skills.
- Excellent writing, proof-reading and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity of basic computer functions and trouble-shooting techniques required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other software including Microsoft Suite.
- Experience working with database preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize duties, and to take charge of tasks that will ease the functions of the Project.
If interested please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Events Coordinator/Office Manager in the title.
Email should include why you are interested in working with NYCLHVCC, and your interest in green initiatives. Please include relevant experience and skills, and all current contact information.