Posted on October 4, 2012
Donor Development Associate
World Society for the Protection of Animals
World Society for the Protection of Animals - Donor Development Associate
The World Society for the Protection of Animals (WSPA), one of the world’s largest animal welfare organizations, has an exciting opportunity to join our team.
This is a unique opportunity to help strengthen and build the U.S. fundraising program of an international organization in a new office in New York City. The Donor Services Associate plays a critical role in the cultivation and stewardship of WSPA USA’s donors and works collaboratively with the U.S. development team, fundraisers in other country offices and the international fundraising team in London.
The Donor Services Associate reports to the Donor Development Manager and will play a key role in a development department charged with raising more than $6M in 2013, with an ambitious plan for ongoing growth. As the first point of contact for donors who initiate communications with the organization, the Associate answers questions about animal welfare issues and WSPA’s programs. S/he will also be involved in our efforts to engage our donors and increase their support and will have a significant impact on WSPA’s fundraising activities and help to build the future of a growing global organization.
Reporting to: Donor Development Manager
- Liaise with supporters and the public, providing accurate and relevant information by telephone, letter and e-mail.
- Work with regional and international staff to develop and maintain an internal bank of support resources
- Partner with Database Manager and development team to ensure accurate donor information.
- Process and report matching gifts, gift cancellations and other donor related transactions.
- Research, create, update and assist with new supporter materials, as needed.
- Other duties as necessary.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- 1+ years experience
- Previous experience in customer service and/or support position
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and pleasant phone manner essential
- Knowledge of and interest in animal welfare issues
- Proficiency with all Microsoft applications; database experienced a plus
- Strong research and writing skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Bachelor’s Degree required
This is a full time, New York City-based position. Salary is commensurate with candidate’s experience and this position includes competitive benefits offered to full-time WSPA employees. Candidates wishing to be considered in the first round please send a cover letter cover letter including salary requirements and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For consideration HR1-DSA must be in the subject line. Position will remain open until filled.
Applications without salary requirements will not be considered.