Posted on October 4, 2012
Associate Executive Director
Louis August Jonas Foundation
Louis August Jonas Foundation - Associate Executive Director
The Associate Executive Director (AED) of the Louis August Jonas Foundation is part of a dedicated team of professionals who believe in our mission: to develop in bright, motivated teenagers, a lifelong commitment to making a difference in their communities and the world through sensitive, responsible leadership.
The AED assists the Executive Director to provide leadership in all areas. (S)he oversees administrative functions, works with the Board and Board committees, supports Foundation fundraising, supervises program staff leaders and is responsible for planning and overseeing our educational program(s). (S)he works directly with the Executive Director and other staff members in organizing the work of the Foundation and in responding to the policy decisions of the Board of Directors. The Associate Executive Director reports to the Executive Director.
We recognize that applicants will bring different strengths, expertise and experience in different aspects of the areas of responsibility outlined below. We encourage interested individuals to apply even if they are comfortable with some, but not all, elements of the position. LAJF believes in and supports lifelong learning for our campers, alumni and staff.
Five years of nonprofit, fundraising or education experience and a masters degree are preferred. For answers to questions and a detailed job description, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Competitive Salary, commensurate with background and experience.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Office and Business Operations
- Work with Board and Board Committees
- Represent the Foundation publically
- Be part of Professional Team
Fundraising and Foundation Advancement
- Brochures and Donor appeals
- Grants and reports
- Camper Selection
- Program Planning
- Staff Selection
- Program Implementation
- Staff Supervision
- Facilities Oversight
- Parent Interaction
- Crisis Management
Desirable and helpful qualities and experience:
- Working successfully with teenagers
- Hiring and supervising staff
- Organizational, technology and administrative skills
- Communications, including public speaking and writing
- Understanding the importance of camper and staff safety
- Complying with government regulations
- A history with Camp Rising Sun or other residential educational programs
- Understanding and valuing diversity in all its forms and individual differences
- Working as a member of a professional team
- Energy and an outgoing nature
- A sense of humor
- Calm in a crisis
- Teaching, developing curriculum, writing proposals and/or constructing programs
For answers to questions and a detailed job description, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Competitive Salary, commensurate with background and experience.