Posted on October 2, 2012
STAND! For Families Free of Violence
STAND! For Families Free of Violence - Rehabilitation Specialist, Bilingual, (Part-Time)
STAND! For Families Free of Violence is a multicultural organization that recognizes the devastating impact family violence and abuse and neglect of children, have within families. We lead the community in building safe and strong families through early detection, enhanced supportive services, community prevention and education, and empowering victims to rebuild their lives. Read more about our mission-driven agency at www.standffov.org.
About the Bilingual Rehabilitation Specialist
We are currently seeking a part time (20 hours per week) Bilingual (Spanish/English) Rehabilitation Specialist. Rehabilitation Specialists work as part of a treatment team, providing direct, in-home services to seriously emotionally disturbed children and teens and their parents and guardians. Rehabilitative services are provided one-to-one or in a group, in accordance with a treatment plan, and are designed to enhance the child’s positive development, impulse control and skills and competency development, and to provide parents with therapeutic techniques to manage their child’s behavior through parent education and resource linkages in the community.
To meet the needs of our clients, the successful candidate for this position must have fluent Spanish/English skills. Please do not apply if you do not meet this requirement. The following are also required:
- The Specialist will assist in the development and implementation of a treatment plan for their clients, including goal setting and progress monitoring, and provide individual and group rehabilitation services, including crisis services, to emotionally disturbed children and adolescents, and their families in their home and community by establishing relationships with children and/or parents and engaging them in activities identified to accomplish goals/objectives in their treatment plan.
- This position also identifies rehabilitation service resources for children, adolescents, and their families in the community and initiates rehabilitation programs to meet the family's needs.
- Collaboration with other internal and external service providers is an important part of providing services to clients, and the Specialist will maintain on-going communication with others in order to meet the objectives specified in the treatment plan.
- Robust and secure data collection is a vital part of service provision, and the Specialist will generate and maintain records in compliance with state and local requirements, including HIPPA requirements, in a timely manner.
- Other duties include preparing billing logs and service entry reports, attending meetings and supervision, and participating in training as directed.
- AA degree and six years related experience working with at-risk youth,
- BA/BS degree and four years related experience working with at-risk youth
- MA/MS degree and two years related experience working with at-risk youth
- Experience can be satisfied by years of school on a one-to-one basis)
- General knowledge of child development, positive behavioral modification practices, effective parenting skills and DSM IV diagnoses
- Ability to work independently in the office and in the community
- Excellent organization, communication and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
The ideal candidate for any position at STAND! For Families Free of Violence will be a good team player, resourceful, dependable, ethical and resilient. This candidate will also be able to communicate effectively and demonstrate initiative, good judgment and passion for helping others. The Rehabilitation Specialist should be able to work evenings and weekends to accommodate assigned clients.
We consider the following basic requirements for employment with us:
Compensation and Benefits:
- Proficiency in computer skills, especially using Word, Excel, customized databases and Outlook
- Commitment to maintain shelter-site confidentiality
- Understanding of the Agency’s mission and ability to maintain appropriate boundaries with clients in all circumstances
- Reliable vehicle, valid California driver’s license, proof of insurance, and clean driving record (MVR report will be run prior to hire and periodically thereafter)
- Employment contingent upon clear fingerprint and criminal history check
Employment contingent upon successful completion of U.S. Department of Justice Form I9
- An M.S. or M.A. degree in counseling or a related field, and knowledge of resources in Contra Costa County are preferred qualifications.
The hourly rate for this position is based on qualifications and experience – please state your required rate in your cover letter. Regular STAND! employees working 20 or more hours per week are eligible to participate in dental and vision plans, life and AD&D insurance, voluntary acupuncture and chiropractic insurance, Flexible Spending Account, 403(B) plan, (matched after 1 year); and to earn pro-rated vacation, sick leave and holiday pay.
Apply by emailing a cover letter, resume and the names of three supervisory references to: email@example.com. Please put “Bilingual Rehabilitation Specialist” in the subject line.
Alternatively, you can fax your information to: (925)265-6954, or mail to: Human Resources, STAND! For Families Free of Violence, 1410 Danzig Plaza, Concord, CA 94520.
STAND! For Families Free of Violence is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to staff diversity. We welcome qualified persons of all backgrounds to apply.