Posted on October 2, 2012
Grants and Contracts Manager
AcademyHealth - Grants and Contracts Manager
AcademyHealth, the professional home for health services researchers, policy analysts and practitioners, is currently seeking a Grants and Contracts Manager to support pre and post award activities for extramural grants and contracts. In 2012, extramural funding represents 60 percent of AcademyHealth’s $11 million budget. The Grants Manager reports to the Vice President of Operations and CFO.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, highly organized and able to prioritize among competing deadlines. Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related finance field, with a minimum of five years grants management experience including administration of Federal grants and contracts, are preferred.
1. Pre-award Activities: Budget Development and Proposal Submission
2. Post Award Activities: Information tracking, analysis and reporting
- Manage the internal administrative application process for extramural grants and contracts, including coordinating with program teams to develop internal timelines to meet proposal deadlines, identify required application components, compile/gather required documents (as appropriate), ensure all application components are complete and facilitate final submission once the program lead and CFO have approved.
- Develop budgets and budget narratives for extramural grant and contract proposals and assemble/create necessary supporting financial and business documentation.
- Revise budgets and supporting documentation as required during pre-award negotiations as well as post award revisions.
- Maintain a detailed system and report for tracking the status of grants: proposals submitted, awarded and pending.
- Monitor spending progress and work with program teams to ensure extramural programs are in compliance with related grant agreements and contracts.
- Coordinate with accounting staff to track grant payments, revenue recognized and expenses incurred for extramural grants and contracts and ensure proper accounting of funds.
- Develop and maintain a detailed schedule of reporting requirements and other performance requirements with related deadlines for each grant and contract agreement.
- Produce interim and final financial reports and coordinate submission with program teams (producing narrative reports) in a timely manner.
- Maintain ARRA reporting as required.
- Prepare and submit invoices for periodic grant payments.
- Maintain accurate and complete electronic and hard copies of grants and contracts.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university required (accounting or related degree a plus).
- Minimum of five years demonstrated successful experience in grants management.
- Mature, adaptable, resourceful, detail-oriented individual able to work independently and with a team.
- Demonstrated project management experience, including demonstrated ability to efficiently plan, organize, and manage complex, multiple projects simultaneously with limited supervision or direction and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge regarding administration of Federal grants and contracts a plus.
- Knowledge of Federal and foundation online application systems a plus.
- Excellent communication, organizational and time-management skills.
- Commitment to administrative protocol, policies and confidentiality required.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
The salary range is $60,000 to $70,000.
Qualified applicants should send cover letter, resume and three references (with phone numbers) to Human Resource Director, AcademyHealth, 1150 17th Street NW, Suite 600, Washington, DC 20036. Fax: 202-292-6800. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to reference the position for which you are applying.