Posted on October 2, 2012
California Autism Foundation
California Autism Foundation - Executive Director
Founded in 1982, the mission of the California Autism Foundation is to provide to people with autism and other developmental disabilities the best possible opportunities for lifetime support, training and assistance in helping them reach their highest potential for independence, productivity and fulfillment. Through its five programs, the organization serves over 175 individuals with developmental disabilities through residential and supported living services, adult day and work programs, and a nonpublic school. The vision is to offer a spectrum of services and take a holistic approach with an understanding that everyone deserves to live in a real home, have a real career path, and have an equal opportunity to participate in today's economy. People with developmental disabilities should share this same quality of life. California Autism Foundation is proud to implement a positive team management approach, employ motivated staff, and maintain a dedicated focus on its
The Executive Director will lead a diverse team of management and staff who provide direct service to individuals with autism and developmental disabilities through multiple programs. S/he will develop strategic plans to ensure fulfillment of the company’s mission and continuous improvement of program quality. The Executive Director is also responsible for managing California Autism Foundation’s financial resources in order to sustain long-term viability of the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish current and long-range goals and objectives for California Autism Foundation
- Lead daily operation of the organization through the organization’s senior managers
- Dispense advice, guidance, direction, and authorization to carry out plans and meet objectives
- Implement policies and plans to achieve these goals and objectives and frequently reports results and progress to the Board
- Represent the organization with regulatory and funding agencies, legislative contacts, provider community, parents, stakeholders, and community-at-large
- Conduct direct fund raising efforts using personal contacts along with existing public relations team, Director of Development, and Board support.
- Create and maintain effective communication systems with managers, staff, parents, Board of Directors, California Regional Centers, and Community Care Licensing
- Ensure appropriate regulations and policies are adhered to by managers and staff
- Manage financial resources of the organization and regularly reports results to the Board
- Review operating results with program managers and makes appropriate changes when necessary to promote the financial success of the organization.
- Experience leading diverse organizations, strategic planning, implementing and managing change, and delivering direct services
- Ability to oversee $5-10mm operating budget, manage financial resources, analyze and interpret financial data, and communicate results and necessary changes to the Board of Directors
- Establish and maintain relationships with funding sources including California Regional Centers and School Districts
- Ten years of experience in direct service, training, program development, case management, advocacy, or supervisory experience in social services required
- Related work with autism and developmental disabilities, California Regional Centers, or Department of Rehabilitation preferred
The right person will find the position as Executive Director for California Autism Foundation highly rewarding. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Integrity, ethics, and a sense of humor are essential
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to interact with a diverse group of regulatory and funding agencies, management and staff, and stakeholders are vital
- Bachelor’s Degree and Masters in Business or Public Administration
To be considered as an applicant:
Email Resume and Cover Letter in two separate documents in confidence to:TransitionServices@cvnl.org
Please include in your resume, your LinkedIn profile link url and all previous employer’s URLs.
Please put “[Last name] CAF Executive Director Search” in the subject line.
All attachments MUST be in .doc or .pdf format.
Resumes and cover letters must be received by November 16, 2012.
This Search is being conducted by: Center for Volunteer and Nonprofit Leadership Transition Services