Posted on January 16, 2013
Director of Development
Helene Fuld College of Nursing
Helene Fuld College of Nursing - Director of Development
Helene Fuld College of Nursing seeks a full-time Director of Development to develop, implement, and monitor the College's fundraising activities. The successful applicant will report directly to the President, and will work closely with the Development Committee of the Board of Trustees.
Major responsibilities include:
- Research and generate new fundraising leads and major gift prospects
- Create and implement strategies to cultivate, solicit, and secure major gifts ($30,000 and above)
- Create and implement strategies to secure major grants ($30,000 and above)
- Develop an annual fundraising campaign and alumni fundraising strategies
- Develop and write fundraising materials
- Assess outcomes of fund-raising initiatives
- Maintain relationships with donors and sponsors to cultivate and maintain funding
- Prepare and present reports to college administrators and the Board of Trustees.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of three years related work experience at a college or university. Experience at a not-for-profit institution is preferred.
Documented recent fundraising record for individual donors, and/or private, corporate, or government sources
Experience with alumni fundraising programs, and capital campaigns
Proficient computer and database management skills
Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, as well as professional interpersonal skills
The ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
Excellent organizational skills
Must be able to travel throughout the New York City area, and work irregular hours, as needed.
Candidates should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae via email Dr. Wendy Robinson, President of Helene Fuld College of Nursing: email@example.com