Posted on September 28, 2012
Community Outreach Specialist
Palo Alto Medical Foundation
Palo Alto Medical Foundation - Community Outreach Specialist
The Palo Alto Medical Foundation (PAMF), an affiliate of Sutter Health, is a not-for-profit, community-based multi-specialty group practice of medicine. PAMF patients are cared for by the more than 1,000 physicians from the four historic medical groups affiliated with PAMF: Camino, Palo Alto, Santa Cruz and Mills-Peninsula. PAMF provides care to patients at its clinics and medical centers throughout Alameda, San Mateo, Santa Clara and Santa Cruz counties in the San Francisco Bay Area. Collectively, we do our utmost to enhance the well being of the people in our communities through compassion, excellence and innovation.
Community Outreach Specialist-Innovation Center
Mountain View, California
PAMF and the David Druker Center for Health Systems Innovation (Innovation Center) is re-inventing health systems to be community health partners, and is looking for an experienced, dynamic and effective Community Outreach Specialist to assist in developing and implementing the Innovation Center’s community-based programs. The Community Outreach Specialist will work closely with the team to deploy our linkAges, Personalized Health Care, and other new Innovation Center initiatives.
In this position, you will be responsible for assisting with deployment and supporting development of community partnership programs, including support for program logistics, administration and communications for pilot programs, workshops and events; working closely with the team to develop programmatic content and marketing collateral to engage external partners and program participants; and creating written content that supports internal and external communications (e.g., leadership communications, website content, blogs and social media) regarding the linkAges program.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 1-2 years’ work history, preferably with some evidence of experience and interest in healthcare, innovation and/or human-centered design. Part of the work history may have been achieved through internships
- Superior written and oral communications skills a must; A writing sample may be requested
- Fluency in Excel and Word, and have a high level of capability with PowerPoint
- Experience in handling content management for websites, and familiarity with widely available web-based data collection, project management and social media tools (e.g., Wordpress, Twitter, Wufoo, BaseCamp) is preferred. Research experience is a plus.
To learn more about Palo Alto Medical Foundation and to apply online visit our website at: www.pamf.org (Job Number: PAMF- 1212098). EOE M/F/D/V