Posted on February 13, 2013
Advancement Communications Coordinator
World Learning - Advancement Communications Coordinator
World Learning is seeking candidates for an Advancement Communications Coordinator position. World Learning is an 80-year-old global non-profit organization with operations in 77 countries. Through its award-winning international education programs – The Experiment in International Living (EIL), the SIT Graduate Institute, SIT Study Abroad and the International Honors Program (IHP) – World Learning fosters global citizenship by connecting over 3,000 young ambassadors annually across cultural differences and social barriers. Through its International Development & Exchange Programs, World Learning practices what it teaches, undertaking community-driven international development, training and exchange projects in sixteen countries. For more information visit www.worldlearning.org
Location: Washington, DC
Reports To: Senior Vice President, Advancement.
This hands-on position includes acting as the internal coordinator for Advancement communications efforts, including events, print and web presence. This position will be responsible for the development of long term strategy including messaging, print pieces, special projects and programs.
- Oversee day-to-day Advancement communications operations, specifically for Advancement activities which include but aren’t limited to events, awards, campaigns, donor relations, travel and other activities in key communities;
- Develop an effective marketing/communications plan containing a time-line displaying annual, major, special and legacy outreach to our varied constituents as well as budget projections and review methods;
- Research, maintain and report on communications data to aid management in determining communications direction;
- Develop, oversee design and create fundraising and events materials, including invitations, fundraising appeals and videos;
- Serve as project manager for annual donor report;
- Work closely and collaboratively with World Learning’s other marketing/ communications professionals;
- Write correspondence, presentations, and donor testimonials;
- Interview donors to provide assistance with their written testimonials and/or presentations;
- Maintain the Advancement section of the World Learning website, including updating current text as needed as well as tracking its usage;
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or other related concentration is required, or commensurate experience;
- Minimum of 5 years progressively responsible Marketing experience;
- Previous development and/or endowment experience preferred;
- Working knowledge of Chicago and/or AP style guides;
- Ability to take initiative, ensure follow through on projects and work as the marketing leader within the team;
- Must be able to prioritize and successfully complete multiple tasks within stated deadlines;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including ability to read, speak and write fluently in English;
- Direct experience with a World Learning program, international experience, or experience studying abroad is preferred;
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with a wide audience including World Learning staff and outside vendors;
- Must be proactive, creative and self-motivated;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Adobe InDesign;
- Occasional travel within the United States may be required.
To apply: Please visit our website www.worldlearning.org and click on the employment tab to submit your application. If you do not see the job you are interested in, please “search all.” Please note, a resume, cover letter, and submission of a writing sample, event materials
and/or donor profile are required for consideration.
World Learning is an equal opportunity employer.