Posted on September 21, 2012
Director of Development
School One - Director of Development
School One, a small, independent high school in Providence, Rhode Island, seeks a Director of Development. The Director of Development is responsible for all major fundraising strategies including the annual appeal, special events, grant writing and reporting, newsletters, alumni relations, and donor cultivation.
Founded in 1973, School One enrolls 90 students in an arts-intensive, college preparatory, progressive program. The school is highly personalized, characterized by small classes, nurturing relationships between staff and students, and a respectful community that values individual differences. The Director of Development is the sole staff member whose exclusive focus is fundraising, but the position is supported by the Head of School, a cadre of volunteers, Board members, and an Admissions/Marketing Coordinator who assists with alumni relations, media, and donor communications.
Major responsibilities include:
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree; proven track record in non-profit fundraising; entrepreneurial leadership; excellent written and verbal communication skills; knowledge of Raiser’s Edge software; appreciation for diverse individuals and creative education; strong interpersonal skills; enthusiasm; organizational skills; and a collaborative orientation. Vast personal fortune a plus.
- Collaborate with the Head of School and Board of Directors to enhance and expand the school’s overall fundraising goals and strategies;
- Coordinate the annual appeal including database management, donor development, solicitations and acknowlegments;
- Coordinate fundraising events and other school events designed to maintain the school’s visibility (coordinate volunteers, solicit corporate sponsorships, organize event logistics and materials, assist with publicity);
- Research and write grant proposals; collaborate on tracking, implementation, and reporting of grants;
- Develop and nurture relationships with donors and Board, alumni, current and former parents, community members);
Please send resume and cover letter by October 10, 2012 to Jennifer Borman, Head of School, School One, 220 University Avenue, Providence, RI 02906 or by email to Jborman@school-one.org