Posted on September 20, 2012
Working In Support of Education
Working in Support of Education - Working in Support of Education
W!SE, a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting financial education and literacy, and preparing youth for college and workplace readiness, is seeking an individual to support fundraising. W!SE serves over 65,000 youth each year. Candidates must be talented, persuasive writers with superior organization skills and the capacity to assist in managing the development of diverse funding sources.
- Conduct research to identify grant opportunities.
- Develop and write LOI’s and grant proposals for existing and new initiatives.
- Oversee deadlines and reports as required by grant providers. Ensure timely acknowledgment, proper follow-up reports
- Prepare annual report and materials to develop awareness of programs and outcomes.
- Communicate with resource providers, and potential supporters on activities, accomplishments and the needs of W!SE.
- Prepare annual development plan to meet organization’s fundraising goals.
- Manage annual fundraising event.
- Maintain and update records and protocol pertaining to the development of resources.
- Minimum B.A. and 4+ years of proposal writing experience.
- Superior writing and oral communication skills.
- Ability to oversee multiple tasks and perform well under pressure.
- High degree of computer proficiency (Microsoft Office XP, MSW, Excel, Internet).
- Fast learner who uses diplomacy.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with staff members.
- Ability to set priorities and move multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Interest in education and financial literacy highly desirable
- Relationships with funders highly desirable
Send cover letter, sample writing sample or section of a proposal, resume to email@example.com with “Applicant” in the subject line or fax to 212-980-5053. Competitive salary and benefits.